Technical Account Manager 4 United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Technical Account Manager 4
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to provide designated technical support engineering to our strategic customers.
Twilio is looking for an experienced Technical Account Manager who is going to be the designated technical support engineering contact for our strategic customers. As a designated technical contact you will work with our customers to resolve complex technical problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences. You should have an interest in digging deep as well as be able to zoom out and look at the larger picture. The TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies and deliver recommendations to make the customer’s environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime. You are able to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
In this role, you’ll:
- Use your strong technical and diplomatic skills to address customer issues and provide customer feedback to Twilio’s Product and Engineering teams.
- Work with our customers' and partners' developers, architects, and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
- Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs.
- Understanding customer trends, analysing patterns, driving betterments and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process is a key part of the role.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience
- Good knowledge of RESTful technology, previous work with APIs and ability to understand and troubleshoot issues with cloud solutions.
- Skilled in troubleshooting network connectivity issues, with an understanding of TCP/UDP, and basics of SSL/TLS.
- High competency in communicating complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- Comfortable in working with customers’ developers to troubleshoot use of the Twilio helper libraries.
- Have an inquisitive mind to understand how things work
- Advanced time management skills, ability to work well under pressure, and proficiency at developing workflows to increase troubleshooting efficiency while still following standard processes and procedures.
- Excellence in task prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency.
- Interest in utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our products.
- Enthusiasm for interacting and collaborating with other departments within Twilio in your search for the solutions our customers need.
- Ability to stand in the customer’s shoes and demonstrated dedication to the customer experience.
- Experience in managing dedicated customer accounts.
Understanding of Telecoms and VOIP including WebRTC and SIP
This role will be remote and based on the West Coast, USA.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $72,184 - $113,432.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3800150