Talent and Culture Director - Home Based - Worldwide › Home Based - Worldwide
Canonical is a fast moving, international software company that delivers Ubuntu, an operating system for devices, desktops and cloud. Ubuntu underpins innovation from startups to giants, and Canonical shapes that platform and its possibilities for the global market.
Canonical is a small but global company that works in a largely distributed fashion, making us a unique window into the world of 21st century digital businesses. We require a talent function to find, attract, grow and retain exceptional commercial, technical and operational people. We want to make sure that anyone joining Canonical is not just filling the requirements for a specific role, but is able to grow with the company, bringing their natural interests and aptitudes to bear on a wide range of opportunities at the company over the duration of their career. This focus will nurture our culture and defend our values.
The talent team comprises recruitment professionals and commercial and technical specialists across EMEA, the Americas and Asia. It carries accountability for staffing, learning and development, people growth strategies and performance management. The role requires you to have a strong understanding of and experience with career development at a global scale, a complex challenge that requires a well developed eye for exceptional talent and deep expertise in attracting, nurturing and developing that talent.
With a team that is global in scope - we have employees and contractors in more than 40 countries despite employing fewer than 1,000 people - but lean in size, you will execute through the leadership team and work hand-in-hand with the people operations function.
- Own our talent brand, projecting externally and ensuring we are living it internally
- Speak at public events, representing Canonical as an employer of choice, scouting for talent in commercial and technical markets, and building and nurturing a high calibre talent pipeline
- Lead a globally dispersed recruitment function to source, attract, select and convert exceptional talent, in line with department KPIs and ensuring a great candidate experience
- Manage sourcing strategies appropriate to geography, function and role
- Filter incoming talent in the recruitment process for capability and potential to grow their careers inside Canonical
- Ensure business teams have effective onboarding processes to decrease time to productivity
- Work closely with senior management to evolve our talent base, making and implementing growth or exit decisions based on performance data
- Identify and retain top talent by conducting talent reviews, leading succession/development planning across the business, applying career ladders, and advising and supporting strategies around development, mentoring, staff secondments and rotations
- Work closely with the Director of People Operations to maintain compensation consistency and competitiveness and to ensure HRIS, recruitment systems, processes and data meet the needs of both teams and the business
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic standing, advanced business qualification preferred
- 10+ years of progressive commercial managerial experience in directly relevant industry sectors, scaling an organisation while growing quality of people
- The ability to project the Company externally to build awareness and attract exceptional talent
- Building strong working relationships in a diverse, remote working environment, including partnering with senior and executive management to retain and grow talent and organisational health
- Metrics-driven process and organisation improvement
- Strong alignment with our culture and values, setting exceptionally high standards in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, hands-on environment
- Experience in the technology sector (essential)
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/canonical/jobs/1878803