Systems Engineer, Cloud & Active Directory United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Systems Engineer (L5) who lives the Twilio Magic and who will bring sophisticated experience in cloud infrastructure (AWS and Google Workspace), Active Directory, and LDAP knowledge to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence, and are able to think at scale, define, and meet availability and performance SLAs.
Twilio takes something very complex (communications) and makes it look easy, we’re looking for an engineer that can do that too! Systems Engineer (L5) who lives the Twilio Magic and who will bring sophisticated experience in cloud infrastructure (AWS and Google Workspace), Active Directory, and LDAP knowledge to the table.
- 7+ years of experience in Active directory design, planning, tuning for performance and SLA alignment
- 5+ years of practical experience building and operating high-scale, mission critical production systems.
- Strong experience with AD/LDAP optimizing query performance and education of peers and subscribers
- Validated experience architecting highly available cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web Services and adhering to strict SLA’s
- Proven experience with network telemetry, application layers and communication protocols
- Prior experience with CI/CD and various deployment methodologies is a plus
- Okta is a plus
- Use written documents to drive consensus on long term (2-3 year) initiatives with a company wide impact.
- Comfortable working in highly complex environments with multiple multi-functional teams
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs
- Entrepreneurial / Ownership approach with appetite to define process and build programs, you are clear in your communications and drive to decision
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 5 + years relevant experience
As a Systems Engineer (L5), you will live the Twilio Magic values:
BE AN OWNER: Provide engineering leadership and ensure our resources are solving the most critical engineering problems, while ensuring our products are scalable, performant, and highly available.
DRAW THE OWL: Present creative new solutions that enable and encourage innovation
WRITE IT DOWN: Be able to share your knowledge by documenting vision and viewpoint for all levels of the organization.
DON’T SETTLE: You will partner with members of the architecture team and Twilio team members to ensure technology solutions align with product, security and architectural long term vision and roadmap.
BE BOLD: Don’t be afraid to take that big idea and run with it
As a Systems Engineer your systems will be critical in positioning our products as the most engaging brand in communication. Our wide-ranging use of communications technology offers excellent opportunities for research.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to taking on hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity
This position will be located remotely in the United States. What you will get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Denver/Boulder Metro: $132,928.00-$166,160.00
Rest of Colorado:$116,312.00-$145,390.00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3413732