System Engineer - 2018756 Canada - Remote /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are looking for team members that want to help us change the way the world innovates through software. The Sonatype team has already done this through its contributions to the Maven build system, the Nexus Repository Manager and Nexus Lifecycle, and most recently with Sonatype Lift – truly changing the way the world creates and delivers software across thousands of organizations and millions of developers.
That was just the beginning. We need your help so that we can do it again. If you are interested in delivering value across nearly every decision made in the world of software development, to help companies create better and safer software faster, to transform innovation through software, read on.
Who you are and what you’ll do
- You are a person who has 2+ years of experience integrating diverse technologies into cohesive software platforms.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to automate build, test, and distribution processes to ensure high quality software delivery.
- You will be a member of a unique team at Sonatype, designing tools and processes for large enterprise customers to facilitate their use of Sonatype products.
- You will collaborate closely with multiple Sonatype Engineering teams to integrate their offerings into a unified delivery stream for enterprise customers.
What skills you need
- Proficiency with Linux
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Proficiency in modern technical operation practices
- System architecture & design
- Continuous integration/continuous delivery
- Infrastructure as code
- Cloud services (AWS)
- Experience with specific technologies should include at least a subset of:
- AWS services such as: ECS/EKS/ECR, EC2, S3, RDS, VPCs
- IAM Policy Docs, Policies, Roles, and Instance Profiles
- Docker Containers and orchestration
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to travel to the US for annual meetings
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have offices in the Fulton MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we are remote first and always have been. We use a number of communication tools to connect across the company, keeping information flowing day to day and meet face-to-face on a targeted basis at organization and team meetups.
Thousands of organizations and millions of developers use our software. If you have a passion to improve how the world develops software, Sonatype is the right place for you.
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.