Swiftype- Site Reliability Engineer EMEA
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Thanks to our ongoing expansion we have the opportunity to grow the Swiftype Site Reliability team at Elastic. We're a part of the engineering team with a focus on providing a reliable service to Swiftype SaaS customers and supporting the team in development, testing, and release efforts of Swiftype products. We’re looking for people who are just as passionate about solving issues with distributed systems as they are about automating, coding and collaborating to solve problems. Does this sound like you?
What You Will Do:
- Work with the Swiftype engineering team daily to ensure high quality and reliability of the systems we deploy into production.
- Increase instrumentation and automation in all aspects of day to day operations for Swiftype.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any issues occurring in production ensuring constant improvement of the systems as a result.
- Design and implement new systems to improve reliability and resilience of the systems in production.
- Participate in SRE team's on-call rotation.
What You Bring Along:
- 3+ years of hands on operational experience in production web application environments.
- 4+ years of experience with Linux systems administration.
- 5+ years overall systems engineering experience.
- Recent software development experience
- Experience deploying and operating large scale SaaS applications in production.
- Familiarity with systems and configuration management tools (Chef , Puppet, Terraform, Capistrano, etc).
- Extensive experience with any enterprise monitoring systems like Nagios, Graphite, StatsD.
- Experience deploying and operating MySQL in production.
Target locations: Edinburgh, UK; Glasgow, UK; Leeds, UK; Manchester, UK; Liverpool, UK; Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Frankfurt, Germany; Berlin, Germany; Barcelona, Spain; Madrid, Spain; Nice, France; Paris, France; Warsaw, Poland; Brussels, Belgium
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1169606