SVP of Customer Experience Worldwide
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for an SVP of Customer Experience to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 15-year-old company with roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
You are a great leader, listener, decision-maker, and can think on your feet. You believe people should lead by example. You have great attention to detail and enjoy driving the vision and strategy for the ownership of the customer experience throughout Formstack. You understand how to work well with other departments and not lose track of making sure the customer is your number one priority.
At the end of the day, you know that every customer is attempting to reach an outcome and it is our job to get as many to that goal as possible. Along the way you also know that through strategic conversations, you can uncover more ways for us to create successes through time saved in a customer’s world. Each customer has their own journey but you believe that there are patterns around which we can build important systems to support customers' success and growth with Formstack.
The Senior Vice President develops the organization's customer service strategy and manages the overall performance of people and processes to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction. You aren’t scared to make mistakes and try new things to achieve your objectives. You are comfortable not always knowing the answer.
You have a feverish desire to solve customer problems and help navigate the obstacles that may stand in their way. At the same time, you know that what's best for the company may not always be in line with each individual customer and result in tension. You are the one that loves to create outcomes that find the middle and create wins for as many customers as possible.
What You’ll Do:
- You will report directly to the CEO and work with the leadership team to ensure customer and company objectives are thorough and attainable.
- Build a vision for how we deliver customer care and support the customer’s journey. Identify and recommend the processes and technologies needed to enable this vision. Advocate for these initiatives and be able to set goals, plan, and implement as needed to achieve the goal.
- Support and work with the Director of Customer Success to continue to build and grow a high-performing Customer Success team.
- Support and work with the Director of Customer Support in developing a department that balances the high volume needs of customers while providing delight in every experience.
- Support and work with our Professional Services team to support customers in reaching their desired outcomes.
- Mentor and grow other members of the customer success, customer service, and professional services teams.
- Identify and analyze key metrics/performance indicators to measure customer satisfaction, quantify customer issues and determine the success of changes.
- Drive team building, training, and retention within Customer Success, Customer Support, and Professional Services.
- Establish a high bar for performance and create a culture that produces excellent, measurable results.
- Oversee the quality and tone of our interactions with customers by setting standards, developing training, and coaching the team on how to implement it.
- Deliver meaningful changes to process, content, and/or technology that enhance the customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally with sales, marketing, and product to ensure smooth customer experiences.
How You Will Succeed:
- You will set clear goals, expectations, and objectives.
- You will work directly with the leadership team to gain momentum on customer efforts.
- You will lead regular meetings with managers and leads to ensure transparency between multiple brands and teams.
- You will develop team member success plans for current and future team members.
- You will be comfortable having tough conversations when needed.
- You will dive headfirst into processes to look for improvements.
- You will provide guidance and remove obstacles to ensure that teams are meeting their goals.
- You will identify staffing and project-related resource needs to avoid bottlenecks and to accommodate company growth.
- You will lead by example and be able to motivate others through tough situations.
What We’re Looking For:
Passion for the consumer and the product: The SVP of Customer Experience candidate should have a true passion for customers, customer success, customer service, and the products you are selling. You understand what a successful customer looks like and can express that to the organization.
The ability to overcome client issues: The SVP of Customer Experience is responsible for ensuring positive, mutually beneficial interactions between clients and our internal teams. When these engagements are less than optimal, you have the ability to rally the team and client to remedy the situation.
Being the voice of the customer: The SVP of Customer Experience should have experience working with multiple departments across an organization to ensure that every single department – no matter how far they are from customers – is aware of and dedicated to the goals of the customer experience team. You know that the ultimate success of customers results in them succeeding wildly with our product and so will show other departments how they can better retain customers through stronger product, better support, or better communications with customers.
A knack for creatively solving problems: The SVP of Customer Experience should have the ability to hear everyone’s opinions while making a clear, focused decision that doesn’t lean too far in one direction. You should be creative, thoughtful, and able to juggle multiple opinions without getting overwhelmed. You understand that at times the best customer solutions and their eventual success will come from unique solutions provided by Professional Services. You will find ways to insert PS at the right key moments for a customer.
Understanding of the Enterprise customer’s needs: The SVP of Customer Experience should have the ability to design the programs and next steps for Formstack to support our Enterprise customers with elegance. Your history in working with small and larger businesses, understanding their unique business problems, and required support will help you guide us to the next level of Customer Success and Support.
This is a Remote (work from anywhere) position.
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- Retirement accounts with company matching for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
Salary ranges are determined by industry research and trends. Individual salaries are based on skills, experience, and geographical location. Compensation is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made accordingly.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!