SVP, Engineering- Core Platform Officer United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Core Platform Officer, responsible for underpinning our technology philosophies, practices, talent, and processes across the organization. Twilio builds distributed systems and enables them through self-service software platforms, in turn built by small customer focused teams who rely on our underlying engineering platforms and architectural building blocks to achieve success.
As Core Platform Officer you will have the following experience and characteristics:
- Experience in running a platform business at scale; a leader of leaders who is a magnet for talent and builds robust teams
- Experience with software platforms and use afforded by platform thinking
- Experience in leading distributed systems and overseeing enterprise level technology roadmaps
- Fosters clear and strong interoperability between their function and others in the business; stitches together the seams across organizations to ensure collaboration, dependencies and shared-outcomes are delivered.
- Experience of leading large engineering teams and driving process change, with the ability to investigate into the technology as needed
- Experience of operating in a high-growth technology company; comfortable with fast paced change, ambiguity with full ownership of major strategic decisions
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications
- Big problem solver who can set a results-oriented, innovative vision and build/ implement a plan to deliver against it
- Think critically and objectively, with excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands
- Ability to distill sophisticated issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Passion for technology and communications, well-versed on the latest trends
- Role model across the engineering organization with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion.
The Core Platform Officer focuses on defining and leading the implementation of our long-term strategic technology roadmap. This leader will bring strong engineering design processes, technical excellence and own the company-wide architecture, as well as our platform, data, trust, developer experience, and emerging business teams.
The key goals of the Core Platform Officer are to drive the overall engineering strategy / roadmap and it’s alignment with our product and go to market teams. In addition to functional responsibilities, this role requires a leader with strong general management capabilities to be able to drive the business objectives, working closely with our top executives to define the company’s overall strategy and direction, and help build Twilio to the next stage of growth, both organizationally and commercially.
This position will be located in the United States and is open to remote/work from home. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an expansive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has redefined communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $400,000- $550,000
Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
Non Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3240772