Support Engineering Manager EMEA, APAC
This position is remote based, anywhere in EMEA.
Like other Managers, Support Managers at GitLab see the team as their product. While they know how to communicate with customers their time is spent hiring a world-class team and putting them in the best position to succeed. They own the customer support experience and are always looking to improve productivity. They must also coordinate across departments to accomplish collaborative goals. This role will support EMEA and APAC timezones.
- Hire a world class team of Support Engineers who are focused on delivering world class technical support
- Help Support Engineers level up in their skills and experience
- Drive team members to be self-sufficient
- Build processes that enable team members to collaborate and execute
- Hold regular 1:1s with all members on their team
- Create a sense of psychological safety on your team
- Exquisite communication: Regularly achieve consensus amongst their team
- Train Support Engineers to screen applicants and conduct technical interviews
- Improve the customer experience in measurable and repeatable ways
- More information can be found on the support page in the handbook
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support
- Able to triage and resolve GitLab issues
- Able to perform complex Linux system administration tasks
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications and Git
- Experience implementing new process and procedure
- Interviewing and onboarding new hires
- Take ownership and work to manage the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Makes customers happy
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire from our Global Recruiters
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with a Support Engineer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Support Manager
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an additional 45 minute interview with the VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!