Support Engineer Americas
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 30+ countries, 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have deep passion for technology and are masters at their craft. We build highly sophisticated distributed systems and we don’t take our technology lightly. In Elasticsearch, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a vibrant young company next to some of the smartest and highly skilled technologists the industry has to offer. We’re looking for great team players, yet we also promote independence and ownership. We’re hackers… but of the good kind. The kind that innovates and creates cutting edge products that eventually translates to a lot of happy, smiling faces.
Elastic’s Support team is unlike any other on Earth: while we are spread across 12 time zones and 15 countries, we operate as a unit, as a family. We are massively distributed yet lovingly intimate. The service we deliver is caring, empathetic, and human yet bold, direct, and comprehensive. We don’t do it alone, as we are tightly integrated with our core developers in a way that is real, genuine, and never taken for granted. Our team is a dream for someone seeking honest, hard work and rewards. It is a nightmare for anyone afraid to ask questions or be questioned — always forward, never backward. We are not trying to change the world, we already have. We’re just waiting for everyone else to catch up. We have our good days and our not so good days, and we face them together, as a family. We listen. We solve. We guide. We get it. And we’re excited to bring on a new team member to love.
What you will be doing
- Ensuring customer issues are resolved within our committed service level agreements.
- Maintain strong relationships with our customers for the delivery of support.
- Have a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of support processes and customer satisfaction.
What you bring along
- Demonstrable experience in of support in technology businesses
- Experience working across multi-cultural and geographically distributed teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer oriented focus.
- Team player, ability to work in a fast pace environment with a positive and adaptable approach.
- Knowledge of databases or search technologies
- Demonstrated strong technical understanding of software products.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/708056