Support Engineer EMEA
This position is remote based, anywhere in EMEA.
The rising popularity of GitLab means that our professional services are in high demand. If you have the skills to help our clients we would love to talk to you.
We are looking for skilled people around the world. If you would love to work from home and help GitLab grow, this is the right spot for you.
- Engage with our customers — anything from a small advertising firm or a university, to Fortune 100 clients
- Triage customer issues, debug, and find workarounds if possible
- Communicate via email and video conferencing with potential and current clients
- Prepare and provide customer training, and make the training materials widely available
- Improve GitLab through customer interaction
- Submit and comment on bug reports and feature requests based on customer interactions
- Create or update documentation based on customer interactions
- Engage with the development team to escalate bugs, solve problems, or obtain missing information
- Participate in the on-call rotation to provide 24/7 emergency customer response
- Ensure the knowledge we gain from running GitLab.com is shared with customers and users
- Maintain good ticket performance and satisfaction
- Meet or exceed SLA times consistently
- Reliably respond to on-call emergencies
- More information can be found on the support page in the handbook.
- Affinity for (and experience with) providing customer support
- Technical Skills
- Able to triage and resolve GitLab issues
- Able to perform complex Linux system administration tasks
- Experience with Ruby on Rails applications and Git
- Communication Skills
- Communicate clearly with customers on technical topics
- Take ownership and work to manage the entire issue lifecycle, from customer, to development team, to resolution
- Makes customers happy
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Qualified applicants receive a short questionnaire
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30 minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a 90 minute technical interview with customer scenarios with a Support Engineer
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule a 45 minute interview with our Support Lead
- Candidates will then be invited to schedule an additional 45 minute interview with the VP of Engineering
- Finally, candidates may be asked to interview with the CEO
- Please view the compensation range for this role at the bottom of the position description.
GitLab Inc. is a company based on the GitLab open-source project. GitLab is a community project to which over 1,000 people worldwide have contributed. We are an active participant in this community, trying to serve its needs and lead by example. We have one vision: everyone can contribute to all digital content, and our mission is to change all creative work from read-only to read-write so that everyone can contribute.
We value results, transparency, sharing, freedom, efficiency, frugality, collaboration, directness, kindness, diversity, boring solutions, and quirkiness. If these values match your personality, work ethic, and personal goals, we encourage you to visit our primer to learn more. Open source is our culture, our way of life, our story, and what makes us truly unique.
Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply. Our hiring process is described in more detail in our hiring handbook.
Work remotely from anywhere in the world. Curious to see what that looks like? Check out our remote manifesto.
Top 10 reasons to work for GitLab:
1. Work with helpful, kind, motivated, and talented people.
2. Work remote so you have no commute and are free to travel and move.
3. Have flexible work hours so you are there for other people and free to plan the day how you like.
4. Everyone works remote, but you don't feel remote. We don't have a head office, so you're not in a satellite office.
5. Work on open source software so you can interact with a large community and can show your work.
6. Work on a product you use every day: we drink our own wine.
7. Work on a product used by lots of people that care about what you do.
8. As a company we contribute more than we take, most of our work is released as the open source GitLab CE.
9. Focused on results, not on long hours, so that you can have a life and don't burn out.
10. Open internal processes: know what you're getting in to and be assured we're thoughtful and effective.
See our culture page for more!