Support Engineer (AMER) Remote, Americas
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
A brief overview of the GitLab Customer Support department:
The GitLab Support Team provides technical support to GitLab Saas and Self-Managed customers.
Blogs about working in Customer Support @ GitLab:
Support Engineering at GitLab isn’t just a title - those who occupy this role are embedded within the Engineering department and truly operate in an environment where Support and Engineering meet. You’ll interact with customers daily as they encounter the difficult edge cases of running GitLab in complex environments. In the space of a day, you might be doing behind the scenes work of a Linux administrator troubleshooting performance problems by using strace on a particular process, interacting with the Product team to ensure that steps in a bug report are reproducible, or interacting with the Engineering team itself by diving deep into our codebase and putting together a merge request to actually fix a customer issue. That’s not all though - you’d equally be invited to improve our documentation, help build out more efficient support processes in our issue tracker, and dive into the cutting edge technologies that will define how we will do work tomorrow. We want to live in a world where everyone can contribute, and as a member of the support team, there are no barriers to using your skills to improve the experience of our users and customers.
You should apply if:
- you're a natural communicator and delight in using those skills to help others.
- you love exploring new technologies and figuring things out the hard way.
- you’ve got 2+ years of experience in a support or other service-oriented customer facing role.
- within the last 5 years, you've worked at one company for at least 2 years.
- you have experience writing support content.
- you’re experienced in managing cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution.
- you have experience being on-call and can jump into a complex situation and make sense of and communicate clearly to stakeholders what's going on.
- you're comfortable using support platforms such as Zendesk and Salesforce.
- you’re able to communicate complex technical topics to customers and coworkers of varying technical skill levels.
- you’re experienced with some of the following: Linux, Git, CI/CD, MVC frameworks (Rails, Django, Laravel or others).
We typically follow this hiring process for Support Engineers.
Country Hiring Guidelines
GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5253208002