Support Engineer - 100% REMOTE - Colombia Colombia - Remote /
We are 400+ employees from diverse backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we're very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
This role is 100% remote. You must be located in Colombia.
We are seeking a highly motivated Technical Support Engineer to join our Global Technical Support Team. You will provide advanced product support to customers to tackle complex issues surrounding the use of our products and solutions. A deep desire to provide outstanding customer service coupled with a strong (and broad) technical background will be imperative to succeed in this position.
Key Areas of Focus
- Respond to customer inquiries via support cases, email, chat, and phone
- Debug and fix incidents with our products and solutions
- Escalate and monitor defects to product engineering
- Develop and test solutions, and incorporate field patches into the codebase
- Represent Technical Support and customer interests in Engineering and Product Management discussions
- Assist Product Management in developing and prioritizing enhancement lists
- Contribute to and maintain the Knowledge Base
- Participate in the On-Call rotation for 24x7 Support
Required Skills & Experiences
- 2+ years experience supporting complex enterprise software solutions
- Passion for providing the best support experience possible
- Exceptional communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience with Linux - you must be adept at using the command line
- Experience with networking (Sockets, HTTP, LDAP, proxies/firewalls, SSL)
- Experience with basic scripting (Python, Bash, Groovy, etc.)
Would be great if you also had experience with any of the following
- Java-based application troubleshooting and support
- SCM and CI/CD and associated tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Component management build tools (Ant, Maven, npm, NuGet, etc.)
- Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- SQL and databases (H2 and Postgres in particular)
- Sonatype, jFrog, Snyk, WhiteSource or similar products
- Software development (JAVA in particular)
- LDAP and SAML
- Deployment/Configuration of Cloud platforms such AWS, Azure, and GCP
Things that we are proud of
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.