Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager - Corporate Services United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager who will manage corporate indirect spend with focus on Marketing & Advertising, Events, Contingent Labor and Professional Services categories and lead strategic sourcing initiatives across the business. We need someone who can collaborate with stakeholders to develop and execute strategies to align with business requirements and objectives and meet/exceed expectations.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of developing category and sourcing strategies across corporate services. They also have:
- 8+ years experience in a senior Indirect Procurement role with 5+ years experience specifically in Marketing Category Management within Indirect Procurement
- Experience in handling Marketing and Events - Digital Marketing, Ad Agencies, Event Management agencies. Showcased ability to build strategies, present to Marketing team and bring immediate savings
- Develops and implements Global contracts and related Service Level Agreements for the respective categories (securing price, volume rebates, capacity & service levels in line with the needs and commitments to the business) and supports / directs local buying teams on the regional execution for those contracts.
- Deep knowledge of key contract language and terms and strong understanding of structuring and drafting various contracts including NDAs, MSA, ICA, SOWs.
- Proven record of measuring KPIs, developing scorecards, reports, and driving Quarterly business review (QBR) process to monitor sourcing and supplier performance
- Experience leveraging Coupa, NetSuite and Oracle procurement & ERP systems for vendor spend management
- Superior negotiation skills, developed through significant corporate sourcing hands-on experience
- Strong influencing skills to build partnerships with internal resources as well as Twilio’s supply base
- Bachelors, Masters (preferred) CPIM, CSCP or CPSM certification
As the Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Create and implement sourcing and demand management strategies, including developing plan on cost savings strategy across corporate spend categories. Leverage key metrics to identify problem areas and adopt current and emerging business models with an entrepreneurial mindset and creative, out of the box approach to driving best practice.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partnering with stakeholders to fully understand business roadmaps and creating sourcing pipeline & developing supplier strategy / plan for your categories
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Support Twilio’s long-term strategic planning efforts for sourcing and supplier management, including advanced multi-year category strategies designed to anticipate enterprise-wide requirements while optimizing forecasted shifts in both supply markets, industry trends and supplier economic cycles
- DON’T SETTLE: Gain understanding of industry trends to make educated recommendations about pricing, competition, supplier optimization, and market compression
- BE BOLD: Develop plan on cost savings strategy for Corporate services like Human Resources, Real Estate, Workplace Solutions, Finance, Marketing
- NO SHENANIGANS: Drive request for information (RFI) and request for proposals (RFP) with vendors and oversee review of the proposals with business, compliance, security and legal teams. Manage the entire bid to business award to contract execution process.
- DRAW THE OWL: Determine company’s vendor strategy - drive multi-vendor sourcing plans as well as develop preferred vendor list to rationalize Twilio’s supply base. Optimize and bring in efficiencies in source-to-contract process through standardization of commodity code structure (in Jira and Coupa)
- WRITE IT DOWN: Lead the development and negotiation of contracts with new suppliers and/or the renegotiation of existing contracts to accomplish lowest total cost of ownership and meet savings objectives
The Strategic Sourcing team is instrumental in driving effective and efficient procurement of products and services for Twilio at the very best value, through negotiating commercial terms, mitigating risk while not compromising on quality. The Strategic Sourcing team is the key function which determines and manages the overall supplier partnership and strategy. The team is responsible protecting the company proactively from the risks of doing business with suppliers
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2200417