Strategic Sourcing Manager San Francisco, CA (HQ)
GitHub is looking for an experienced Strategic Sourcing Manager who is an effective negotiator that can wear multiple hats and can make an immediate impact by building strong relationships across all of GitHub’s business units. This position will report directly to the Head of Procurement at GitHub.
- Build strategic partnerships and trust across all business units at GitHub and attend regular meetings with vendor negotiations.
- Lead new vendor initiatives. You are the PM between Legal, Strategic Finance, Accounting, Business Systems, department business units, and other key business partners in the procurement process. This includes supplier selection, contract/pricing negotiations not limited to redlining business terms, Coupa Administration, and contract management
- Work closely with Infrastructure, Marketing, Sales, and other business units.
- Construct and manage RFIs and RFP process
- Evaluate Company spend on a regular basis to help prioritize sourcing initiatives and saving opportunities
- Develop best of breed procurement process to drive savings & efficiencies
- Continually advise and evangelize to business partners on procurement best practices
- Partner closely with Legal Team and lead vendor negotiations
- 5-7 years of strategic sourcing management experience in Technology (AWS, Hardware, SaaS, Telecom), Marketing, and Professional Services.
- Demonstrated success in sourcing and delivery of complex contracts
- Exceptional relationship building skills that include experience working with and influencing senior management and comfort negotiating with senior executives from the vendors’ side
- Motivated problem solver and strategic thinker, along with strong data and analytical skills
- Strategic negotiator with tremendous experience in pricing and business terms
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Expertise across the full lifecycle of strategic sourcing and corporate procurement activities including sourcing strategies, RFP development & analysis, supplier selection, contract negotiations, contract preparation, and review and analysis
- Ability to manage conflict and lead to resolution
- Expert knowledge business related contract terms and conditions
- Expert knowledge of procurement policies, processes, and supporting tools
- Experience with Coupa,and GitHub is a big plus
- Bachelor’s Degree from 4 year accredited University
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/2152171