Strategic Finance Manager Remote US
Location Details: Mozilla’s US office locations include San Francisco, CA, and Portland, OR. We are also open to you working from your home office anywhere in the US for this position.
The Strategic Finance Manager will be a member of the Finance team centered on (i) driving global financial planning & analysis for Product & Technology teams and (ii) running M&A and investment initiatives for Mozilla. Product & Technology teams include Mozilla’s flagship product, Firefox and other teams.
The role will focus on providing strategic finance advice and support to senior business leaders for Mozilla’s growth and on producing analysis & insights for executive reports, finance metrics, and Board of Director presentations. This role will have high visibility with management, and focus on company-level modeling and reporting operating expense metrics on regular cadence to executive staff. In addition, this role will research external inorganic opportunities and model M&A and investment scenarios in synergistic areas. In this role, your impact will be building and analyzing financial and operating models for new organic business investments and external opportunities to expand the Firefox ecosystem of products and services.
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from members of equity-seeking communities including but not limited to women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities/expressions.
You will be reporting to the Senior Director of Finance for Product, Technology & M&A and collaborate with finance leadership including the CFO and other executive leadership. The position will require a strategic perspective and financial expertise to lead in a fast-paced and geographically dispersed environment. Sound business sense and structured thinking will be key to success.
What You Will Do:
- Manage planning, reporting, forecasting, and analysis for headcount and operating expenses across Product & Technology teams.
- Steer and plan annual budgets, including coordinating with partners, providing corporate inputs, and preparing relevant outputs.
- Analyze quarterly operating and financial results for internal reporting, analyzing trends & drivers and explaining forecast vs. actual variances.
- Build financial models for new and existing product investments.
- Partner closely with Finance, Accounting, HR, IT and other functions to support business partners.
- Scan strategic markets and provide intelligence in specific industries for M&A and investment opportunities.
- Assist in driving M&A processes including valuation, term sheet preparation, due diligence, negotiations and deal execution.
- Create business case presentations grounded in market analysis and meticulous financial modeling.
What You Bring to The Role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or equivalent; MBA degree strongly preferred.
- 6+ Years of equivalent experience in progressive finance roles with FP&A, Corporate Development, M&A, preferred in the software technology industry especially in consumer internet, but open to other industries.
- Sophisticated Excel modeling, data analysis, problem-solving and ability to synthesize patterns and trends into analyses for executive decision-making.
- Demonstrated dedication to the principles of equity and diversity, working within all communities including BIPOC communities, and proven ability to work effectively and collegially with a diverse population.
- Ability to partner cross-functionally through positive relationship building, influence, negotiation and clear communication with partners.
- Strong “story-telling” skills, with ability to break down finance recommendations to executive management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, deliver under pressure and adapt quickly to change in evolving environments.
- Sound knowledge of accounting and valuation and familiarity with financial systems and planning software desired.
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving attitude, thrilled to work on ambiguous and unsolved problems.
- Motivated and passionate about outcomes rather than activity.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/2318444