Strategic Customer Programs Manager Remote - US / Canada
As a Program Manager on GitHub’s Market Development team, you will play a key role in managing consistent, standardized processes, communications and day-to-day operations for the programs that are managed by the Market Development function in order to drive revenue growth for the organization. This role will be primarily focused on the consolidation, refinement and scale of GitHub’s Strategic Customer Programs including our Customer Advisory Boards (CABs), Executive Sponsor program and other top customer initiatives. Your job is to contribute to GitHub’s strategy for customer engagement and lead the operationalization of key elements of the programs. You will work closely with stakeholders from across the organization including sales, marketing, product, engineering and GitHub’s leadership team. You will be part of the Market Development team within the Revenue organization at GitHub and will report to the Sr. Manager of Market Development Programs.
- Identify, consolidate and refine the top customer programs across GitHub including our CABs, Executive Sponsor program and other initiatives.
- Establish a proactive program focus including a consistent cadence of interactions with customers and a defined topic/content schedule that aligns with GitHub priorities and customer needs
- Build relationships with program members through consistent interactions either in a 1:1 or 1:many format
- Collaborate with sales leadership, account teams and other cross functional leaders to identify the appropriate criteria for customer inclusion in specific programs
- Create a structured feedback mechanism with the companies within the program to gather product feedback themes and other sentiment information to share with GitHub leadership
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to plan and develop scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new customer program initiatives, like potential segment-specific advisory boards.
- Coordinate with cross-functional team members for optimal ROI and make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Establish and execute effective project communication plans.
- Measure success of the program utilizing both quantitative and qualitative data analysis. Report outcomes to sales and executive leadership.
- Work with regional Enterprise Sales teams globally to drive promotion of the various customer programs to the sales team in order to drive proper customer targeting and participation.
- Develop and run enablement sessions with GitHub’s Sales team to help new hires understand the value and benefit of these programs.
- Support the development of these customer program in new markets and regions by driving experiments to test regional adoption
- Proactively identify, flag, and mitigate program risks
- 3-5+ years of experience managing programs in support of a mid-to-large scale, multi-geographical, high-growth sales organization
- 1-2+ years of customer facing experience either in a sales, product or customer success role
- Demonstrated success in program management and management with global stakeholders
- Previous tech/SaaS industry experience; ability to lead a high level technical conversations with customers/prospects and their teams
- Ability to leverage critical thinking to improve processes and procedures
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex environments
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach
- Superior analytical skills and particular attention to detail with good business judgment and outstanding presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to leverage strategic vision to inform priorities
- Results-oriented with a strong work ethic to thrive in a high-performance culture
- Ability to create a performance- and metrics-focused culture
- Ability to flex the focus of work as priorities shift across the business and our product set.
- Demonstrates and advocates for diversity, inclusion and equity in line with GitHub’s culture and commitment in your daily interactions, in the products we sell and in the way we bring them to market.
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3559047