Strategic Business Development Director, Acorn AI CDS Acorn AI Remote, United States
Medidata: Conquering Diseases Together
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences, creating hope for millions of patients. Medidata helps generate the evidence and insights to help pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device and diagnostics companies, and academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk, and optimize outcomes. More than one million registered users across 1,400 customers and partners access the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial, and real-world data. Medidata, a Dassault Systèmes company, is headquartered in New York City and has offices around the world to meet the needs of its customers. Discover more at www.medidata.com.
Acorn AI is one of the largest AI companies exclusively dedicated to life sciences. It’s built on Medidata’s platform that includes the industry’s largest structured, standardized and growing clinical trial data repository consisting of 22,000+ trials and 6M patients. Our team is composed of over 40 PhD/Masters statisticians, data scientists, analytical product leads, former FDA biostatisticians and computational genomicists.
At Acorn AI, we never work alone. This role will partner heavily with all functions across the business. Successful candidates will be poised self-starters who can execute with minimal direction, create strong working relationships, demonstrate skill in business development and communication, and are excited about leveraging science and technology to help build the next horizon of Medidata’s journey of powering smarter treatments and healthier people. The successful team member will:
- Work as part of the Acorn AI Commercial team to identify, develop, and close business, and expand the use of Acorn AI’s products and solutions in the US, focusing on Commercial Data Solutions
- Act as “the voice of Acorn AI” in customer meetings, matching business needs with the right products and analytic solutions
- Use Competitive Intelligence to understand the strategic direction of clients and align/propose how Acorn AI solutions can help them achieve those goals.
- Professionally prepare for meetings, document outcomes, vision and proposals for use with executives
- An entrepreneurial drive and a passion to advance the adoption of new solutions for pharmaceutical drug launches, medical affairs, or health economics
- A strong understanding and comfort level discussing data and analytics related to pharmaceutical commercial launches, medical affairs, and health economics efforts
- A successful track record negotiating commercial agreements in life sciences commercial
- Executive presentation skills, with ability to influence stakeholders
- Self-motivated and directed with ability to work autonomously on individual projects as well as in a team
- Willingness to travel
Your Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with Advanced Master's degree or MBA - or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of work experience in a client/customer facing role in the life sciences industry, in particular customer facing roles for products / solutions with complex underlying data and analytics
- Previous experience working in, or supporting commercial, medical affairs, and / or health economics outcomes research analytics or informatics a plus.
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug and medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs and medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology and Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications and intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality and efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/medidata-solutions/job/orNpefwB