Strategic Account Manager Anywhere in US /
Articulate is seeking a Strategic Account Manager (SAM) to join or amazing team. The Articulate 360 Strategic Account Manager (SAM) is a consummate rainmaker responsible for developing and executing strategies for dramatically expanding seat counts in existing Articulate accounts as well as acquiring new customers.
The SAM will primarily operate in an outbound engagement role, calling on a set of defined prospects (targeted Fortune 500 accounts) who have not “raised their hands.” Success will be achieved by having productive interactions with these prospects that lead to Articulate revenue and happy customers.
A successful SAM implementation will ensure Articulate continues to grow and achieve our revenue objectives.
What you'll do:
- Take control of the sales process by understanding prospect pain points, challenging prospect assumptions, creating constructive tension, providing commercial teaching, and closing Articulate 360 sales
- Teach prospects about their industries and offer unique insights that cause prospects to think differently about their business.
- Conduct needs analysis with prospects and provide product demonstrations that solve the needs of the prospect
- Use insights and consultative selling techniques to teach prospects about their industry and offer unique perspectives on their business, linking back to Articulate solutions
- Develop and execute strategies to grow Articulate 360 and Rise.com seat count within large, multinational companies
- Develop and execute strategies for acquiring net-new customers among large, multinational companies
- Build relationships using remote-based communications (phone, video conferences, email)
- Communicate the value proposition of Articulate products, overcoming objections and beating out competitors Host customized web demos that showcase Articulate products’ benefits that solve customer problems
- Work with internal Articulate teams to define additional resources needed during the sales cycle
- Share winning sales strategies and tactics with our sales enablement manager to train other team members on rainmaker approaches
- Share objections and roadblocks to executive management that prevents success
- Create and manage an opportunity pipeline in Salesforce Be accountable for sales results
- Represent Articulate at e-learning association conferences to promote Articulate solutions
- Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of exceptional sales success in a rainmaker role
- Challenger-based sales training and experience
- Success selling SaaS products into complex, large, enterprise accounts
- Experience and success with team selling
- Highly adept at navigating complex organizations and building relationships
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Knowledge of third-party data sources and sales tactics to identify ideal prospects within accounts
- Comfort in and proven ability in making cold-calls and managing a sales outbound sequence
- Excellent communicator who enjoys prospect interactions
- A can-do, tenacious winner who hates losing Very self-motivated and self-directedAbility to negotiate nonstandard dealsHighly competitive, while also ethical and kind
- Thoughtful, trustworthy doerBA/BS degree or equivalent experience
You're the ideal candidate if:
- Knowledge of the e-learning industry Experience with Salesforce.com, Salesloft, ZoomInfo, LinkedIn SalesNavigator
You have read our human-centered organization framework and are in sync with it 100%.
Articulate is a highly successful, fully remote software company that’s changing the way the world learns. Our award-winning e-learning tools are used by 111,965+ organizations across the globe to create engaging online and mobile courses. Our customers include 100 of the Fortune 100 and 19 of the top 20 U.S. universities. And our online community of 1,035,000+ members is the largest, fastest-growing community in the industry.
We empower employees to thrive by fostering a culture of autonomy, productivity, and respect. We’re all free to exercise our crafts the best way we know how to reach our goals as individuals and teams. Each and every one of us is focused on producing results that directly impact the company’s success. And we all strive to do what’s right by people, both internally and externally, instead of taking the shortest route to the highest profits.
We honor people’s humanity in all of our disparate experiences and social locations, accepting each person as an individual with a story worth listening to and honoring. We believe that honoring everyone’s humanity means being committed to equity and justice. We welcome different voices and viewpoints and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical and/or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, age, sexual orientation, and military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an equal opportunity employer and invite applicants to voluntarily disclose their race and gender on our application form to help us create a diverse company. This voluntarily disclosed information will not be shared with any hiring manager and will be kept in confidence by the Articulate human resources department and executives who are not hiring for this position.