Strategic Account Manager - Remote South/Central Region /
Sonatype is the software supply chain management company. We're on a mission to change how the world innovates by making software development easier. From running the world's largest repository of Java open source components (Maven Central) to inventing componentized software development, and then software supply chain management, to creating the only solution that stops malicious open-source malware in its tracks, we're constantly leading the industry, while helping thousands of customers manage open source every day.
Already used by 15 million developers, we have lofty goals for our technology to be in the hands of every engineering team. And, we need you to do that. Join us!
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
Strategic Account Selling is the beautiful intersection of the Art and Science of Sales. We are seeking senior level sellers to join our strategic accounts program where you will leverage your expert skills to GROW our largest and most important accounts.
Our platform dramatically accelerates the software development lifecycle by giving developers and security teams confidence in the quality and security of their code. Sonatype customers are building better quality software, faster than their competition. They are reducing technical debt, avoiding rework, reducing time to repair issues, all while shrinking the attack surface area of their applications.
In addition, the Sonatype Strategic Accounts organization is a collaborative team of highly talented, experienced and motivated sales executives that focus on the largest customers at Sonatype who are primarily in the Fortune Global 500. If you have expert skills in: EQ & relationship building, compelling communication & facilitation, strategic thinking & business acumen, advanced planning and deal creativity…this may be the most challenging and rewarding job of your career.
You will be selling our industry leading software solutions, leading and motivating a virtual team as well as owning and brokering new Senior customer relationships with a view to elevating our engagement to a strategic partnership.
*** This is for the Central Region looking for candidate who live in this region
What you will do:
- Define, plan and lead account development strategies, to grow the accounts year on year in excess of overall company growth targets.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals and objectives. Ability to drive business transaction linearity and pipeline development is crucial.
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients’ business priorities, challenges, and initiatives that can be translated into Sonatype solution opportunities. Build in depth relationships within the domain of the account - become the trusted advisor.
- Use knowledge of; technology, products, processes, industry expertise, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on the value of Sonatype’s solutions.
- Develop multi-level relationships across within assigned accounts using available internal and external resources, and where appropriate channel partner resources, to maximize revenues opportunities and establish Sonatype as a strategic, long term partner.
- Develop whitespace analysis and account/opportunity plans supported and influenced by Sonatype Senior Executives, field sales and sales management, Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Technical Consultants and relevant Channel Partner Managers.
- Close big deals and make great money!
- 10 + years of experience in enterprise software sales with a consistent track record of consistent over-achievement against assigned quota and a resulting high level of income attainment
- Knowledge and experience in managing a highly complex technology sales process is essential
- Positive attitude, coachable and self-aware
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 35% in region (once business travel is again safe)
- Software sales experience in the Agile, DevOps and/or Open Source space
- Trained in software sales prospecting and passionate about hunting for new sales opportunities and lead follow-up in a professional manner
- Ability to build regional territory account plans, develop new partnerships and business relationships that result in new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Extraordinary communication skills, persuasive personal presence, and presentation skills
- Experience and understanding of the rapidly developing DevOps and/or Application Security market
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Things that we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.