Strategic Account Manager - Remote NY, NY /
We are 400+ employees from a diverse group of backgrounds that hail from more than 50 countries and speak 15 languages. But, we all share one thing in common: we're passionate about accelerating software innovation. Our vision is to put Nexus products at the center of every open-source decision modern engineering organizations make.
We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in the Fulton, MD, Tyson's Corner VA, London UK, and Sydney AUS, we're very distributed and remote first (and always have been). We use several communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team meetups. We also have an annual company meetup to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
Learn more at www.sonatype.com.
We are seeking a strategic accounts manager to lead our most important clients in specifically the New York City territory.
You will be selling our industry leading software solutions, leading and motivating a virtual team as well as owning and brokering new Senior customer relationships with a view to elevating our engagement to a strategic partnership.
The goal of the Strategic Account Manager is to maximize ARR opportunity and ensure customers Renew and Expand their usage of existing and future Sonatype offerings.
What you will do:
- Define, plan and lead account development strategies, to grow the accounts year on year in excess of overall company growth targets.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals and objectives. Ability to drive business transaction linearity and pipeline development is crucial.
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients’ business priorities, challenges, and initiatives that can be translated into Sonatype solution opportunities. Build in depth relationships within the domain of the account - become the trusted advisor.
- Use knowledge of; technology, products, processes, industry expertise, and consultative sales skills to assess and educate customers on the value of Sonatype’s solutions.
- Develop multi-level relationships across within assigned accounts using available internal and external resources, and where appropriate channel partner resources, to maximize revenues opportunities and establish Sonatype as a strategic, long term partner.
- Develop whitespace analysis and account/opportunity plans supported and influenced by Sonatype Senior Executives, field sales and sales management, Product Management, Engineering, Professional Services, Technical Consultants and relevant Channel Partner Managers.
What you bring to the table:
- 10 + years of experience in enterprise software sales with a consistent track record selling to Fortune 100 companies in New York City.
- Software sales experience in the Agile, DevOps and/or Open Source space
- Trained in software sales prospecting and passionate about hunting for new sales opportunities and lead follow-up in a professional manner
- Ability to build regional territory account plans, develop new partnerships and business relationships that result in new customer acquisition and revenue growth
- Extraordinary communication skills, persuasive personal presence, and presentation skills
- Experience and understanding of the rapidly developing DevOps and/or Application Security market
- Bachelor degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
Things that we are proud of:
- Fast Company Top 50 Companies for Innovators 2018, 2019, and 2020
- 2019 Best Places to Work Washington Post and Washingtonian
- 2019 Wealthfront Top Career Launch Company
- EY Entrepreneur of the Year 2019
- Diversity & Inclusion Working Groups
- Parental Leave Policy
- Paid Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
At Sonatype, we value diversity and inclusivity. We offer perks such as parental leave, diversity, and inclusion working groups, and flexible working practices to allow our employees to show up as their whole selves. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.