Staff Technical Program Manager - Messaging United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and innovators to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio is looking for a skilled Technical Program Manager to join the Messaging BU, who can facilitate our teams to reach our aggressive product delivery and infrastructure scale goals. Acting as the hub in a world of spokes, with an operational mindset, you will lead teams’ collaboration and thoughtfully identify dependencies and risks, resolve blockers, make use of metrics to improve delivery, track and report progress, and leverage best practices to ensure predictable and timely delivery of our projects. You will be partnering and collaborating with product managers, engineering counterparts, and stakeholders across BU’s, to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Messaging Products.
In this role, you’ll:
Be an Owner:
- Develop and execute feature planning and prioritization.
- Lead Steering Committee meetings with key collaborators for each project to help make key decisions, remove obstacles, and address key program issues.
- Develop and execute internal operational processes at scale.
- Lead and manage successful delivery of high impact and highly cross-functional program initiatives.
Write it down:
- Translate business requirements into engineering tasks.
- Establish and drive adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices.
Draw the owl:
- Contribute to the definition, development and tracking of our goals and priorities.
- Gather data from product teams and adoption of best practices that contribute to operational efficiency.
- Consolidate technical operating metrics and lead a regular review of program metrics & health.
- A true servant-leader, there to help the teams do their best work.
- Open to learning from others, humble, willing to experiment and try new ways of working.
- Organized — skilled and blocking and tackling, running things to ground, protecting the teams while making sure they’re responsive to the needs of the business.
- Drive strategic cross-functional planning, leading discovery and prioritization by closely partnering with product managers, engineering leads and stakeholders to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identifications and resourcing plan.
- Bring up urgent issues appropriately and drive them to closure in a timely manner.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years experience in a technical program management, project management, product management, or operational role.
- BA/BS degree in computer science or similar degree.
- Structure and lead complex cross-functional programs for product and cross-company initiatives. Must be able to effectively plan, organize and drive projects to completion.
- Drive towards continuous improvement through analyzing data and inspect & adapt practices to work with agile teams to improve project delivery.
- Support the transparency and communication of the health and progress of an overall program that you are coordinating. Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Highly accountable with a demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Gather and analyze large amounts of information quickly in order to problem solve and drive decision-making effectively.
- Experience in Agile Program Management is a plus.
- Experience working with product and engineering in break down product requirements into user stories.
- Experience with data analysis and reporting.
This role will be remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $105,728 - $151,040.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3778057