Staff Technical Program Manager, Information Governance United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff TPM, Information Governance to be a key leader in proactively preparing for rising regulatory policies and rethinking privacy in the age of cloud applications and distributed systems. The person in this role will lead system implementation and process design in all aspects of Information Policy Management and unite stakeholders in security, privacy, legal, compliance, and more to ensure stronger discovery policies, aligned stakeholders, and automated processes - solving for the unknown unknowns. Reporting to the Director of Information Policy Management, this position is critical in helping Twilio solve challenges caused by a wave of data proliferation and fragmentation and gain control and visibility into sensitive and distributed data.
Twilio is looking for a technical and program leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of delivering APIs or internal tools, or features that balance functionality, user experience, and business needs. They also have:
- 2+ years of experience in technical program management; 5+ years of experience in relevant engineering, product, or program management experience preferably in building scalable products and services in a data analytics environment
- A scrappy, get stuff done attitude that completes high-quality projects quickly.
- Analytical approach to solving system issues including understanding system interdependencies and operability.
- Experience working directly with highly technical scientists, engineers, and senior management.
- Experience working in ML/AI programs or in Privacy Engineering or Data Engineering.
- Proven written and verbal communication and organizational skills with Agile-oriented multitasking experience to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong track record of program leadership to motivate and focus a large team to reach challenging and sometimes ambiguous goals.
- Experience delivering micro-services or platforms from inception to post-release
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience required.
As a senior leader in technical program management specializing in the Information Governance and Privacy domains, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Facilitate cross-functional working groups and draw out diverse sets of ideas and needs from internal stakeholders and external customers, gain consensus by outlining common goal and approach and scoping program roadmap to solve for ad-hoc methods, address inefficiency, and remove roadblocks.
- DRAW THE OWL: Drive system development and implementation to increase visibility into Twilio’s data landscape as well as associated services accessing and interacting with discovered data elements. Establish or improve processes to provide standards, guidelines, and guardrails in how data can be accessed programmatically or manually.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead a corporate-level program to identity and build the internal technical, policy and legal infrastructure to enable ML/AI for both product development and enterprise use in a responsible way that maintains the trust of our customers and employees and does not generate unnecessary risk for the company.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership. This is a technical role with scientists, engineers, and leadership as primary customers. Understand consumer problems, the ML toolset used by scientists to solve them, data models, data quality, and driving large programs spanning multiple teams. Build and maintain relationships with business units and influence plans.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Challenge the status quo with fact-based and metrics-oriented principles.
The Information Policy Management team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We focus on building both the user-facing features and internal services that provide our user choices around their data, build trust by managing data risks, advance data privacy and security, and enable our business by unlocking revenue opportunities. We work closely with senior leadership and product teams to ensure consumer privacy and data protection through differentiated products and services, standards in engineering, policy, and transparent communications.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Twilio has a distributed and remote-friendly office structure, thus the location of this position will be flexible. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Tier 4 base salary range: $120,832 - $166,144
Tier 5 base salary range: $105,728 - $145,376
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2592222