Staff Software Engineer United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Backend Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to help scale out the Twilio Engage product area. You will have the opportunity to contribute to a platform that is seeing at least 10x growth in the near future, improve the developer experience for internal teams, and deliver direct impact to external customers.
Twilio Engage is an omnichannel growth platform that empowers businesses to use any combination of tools, data integrations, analytics, and channels they need to build and optimize marketing campaigns. The Customer Experience team within this business unit is focused on scaling out services and systems to support the tremendous growth we are seeing, as well as delivering top-notch experience to our enterprise customers.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with a collaborative team to brainstorm ideas, build new features, and scale out our platform
- Design engineering solutions, execute on projects, and debug complex systems and applications
- Reviewing code, offer improvements to practices and processes to impact the team and larger organization
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners from Product, Design, and Engineering to deliver on projects and influence product roadmaps and sprints
- Put yourself in the customers’ shoes by understanding how they use our products and advocating for solutions that represent their needs
- Cultivate a culture of empowerment and psychological safety
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Strong engineering fundamentals
- Experience designing, developing, and operating high-scale services in cloud-deployed environments
- Experience building APIs and features that delight customers and the developers working on them
- Exposure to SDLC from reviewing requirements to debugging complex systems in production
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience or exposure to modern languages such as golang, Python, Java etc.
This role will be based in the US as a remote position. No travel is required.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4391692