Staff Software Engineer United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Staff Engineer to grow and develop our Support Enablement Engineering team in Services Operations. As a Staff Engineer, you will own and be responsible for the engineering architecture from design through delivery, across the software development lifecycle (SDLC). You will establish and continuously improve the coding patterns and developer best practices, and guide the architecture blueprints, code reviews, continuous integration and deployment pipelines, documentation and software release processes on the team.
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
- Embrace an engineering artisan culture, and take pride to deliver well-designed APIs and user interfaces
- You are able to develop an architectural vision, and have demonstrated the ability to communicate, advocate and realize your vision
- Collaborate effectively with stakeholders, product and engineering teams to execute on our roadmap and deliver business value
- Collaborate with engineers to design and review technical blueprints, and translate product requirements to software plans and deliverables
- Continuously improve our best practices for how we operate
- 7+ years of experience in building Web applications, preferably using frameworks like React, Vue, or Angular
As a Full Stack Engineer, you live the Twilio Magic by:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: You think backwards from a customer perspective and continuously iterate and improve on our products to raise the bar. You care deeply about user experiences and love intuitive, fluent, and responsive interfaces.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the execution of your work from design through delivery. You are passionate about code quality and demonstrate ownership across the end-to-end software development lifecycle.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex software plans, designs, and implementations are communicated clearly and effectively to our engineers and stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify new approaches from internal and external sources, and experiment to deliver software that moves the needle on our business metrics using data to drive decision-making.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You are comfortable working in high-performing, self-organizing teams and trust yourself and others to get the job done on time and on quality. You embrace agile development and working in a distributed team.
- NO SHENANIGANS: You strive for inclusion and transparency, and thrive in a cross-functional environment collaborating with engineering, product managers, and stakeholders.
The Services Operations team provides industry leading technical solutions, data analytics, and programs that enable Twilio customers and the Services business to be more efficient and effective. This is an opportunity to join a diverse, passionate and high-performing team and to help us scale the Services business at Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This role will be based out of our San Francisco or Denver offices, or any US location. We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Include for all Remote-US roles
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$132,928 - $166,160
Rest of Colorado:
$116,312 - $145,390
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3397463