Staff Software Engineer (L4), Email Platform United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is part of a team of talented engineers who build and integrate infrastructure services that improve Twilio’s ability to provide products to customers while simultaneously delivering industry leading availability. We do this by leveraging great technology like Kubernetes, ClusterAPI, Metal³, and MetalLB, while also building our own services or contributing to open source projects.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build and maintain production ready software and systems to manage the full lifecycle of a dynamic, globally deployed Kubernetes platform.
- Execute open source projects for Twilio Kubernetes.
- Develop and test Infrastructure as Software using Cluster API and Kubernetes best practices.
- Generate documentation that enables customers to intuitively understand our provided services.
- Collaborate across multiple teams and business units to build a strong understanding of our customers and their use cases.
- Bring new ideas to life through drive and advocacy.
- Actively drive inclusion and diversity in our organization.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 4+ years experience in a full-time software engineering role.
- Strong familiarity with Go.
- Strong familiarity with operating Linux on the command-line.
- Experience developing and delivering software using containers/Kubernetes.
- A firm grasp of IP networking and load balancing concepts.
- A tenacity for learning - curious, and constantly pushing the boundary of what is possible.
- Highly effective collaboration skills - you work with your team towards common goals.
- A healthy ability to manage and resolve conflict - you have the ability to listen, present, and question effectively.
- Self drive - you take complete ownership of your tasks and champion efforts to get your tasks to completion.
- Degree in Computer Science or similar experience.
- Building automation with Kubernetes operators.
- Operational experience deploying and managing systems on bare metal.
This role will be based in our Denver, CO office or Remote. Approximately 0-10% travel is anticipated if Remote.
This position is a remote role but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,080 - $200,100.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4510772