Staff Software Engineer, Growth Engineering United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Backend Software Engineer, Regional/International
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we're on a journey to becoming a globally antiracist company that supports diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position is needed to support our growing team in building and delivering services for Twilio’s expansion into new regions and points of presence across the globe. This team supports Twilio’s international expansion goals which is one of the major growth vectors for Twilio.
We are responsible for building delightful experiences for our customers across the globe.These roles will contribute to a major initiative for the Twilio platform and the work will have a significant impact on the trajectory of the company.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design, implement, test rigorously and support microservices at scale in a collaborative environment.
- Advocate for and implement operational best practices and serve on-call for the team’s services.
- Demonstrate quickness in learning and ability to teach constantly. Take part in sprint, weekly, and quarterly planning ceremonies.
- Consistently share your ideas and request feedback. Mentor colleagues to grow professionally.
- Collaborate with and invest in your peers including Product Managers to deliver a meaningful product to the customers.
- Be responsible for SLA, oncall, incident resolution, customer feedback and participate in blameless post-mortems to make our products better.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 5+ years of programming experience in at least one object-oriented language such as Java, C++, or C#.
- Experience designing, implementing, and integrating with REST APIs.
- Experience building and supporting mission critical, performant user-facing systems
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud provider services.
- Experience working with highly scalable large distributed systems, relational databases like MySQL, data pipeline systems, frameworks to build high-performance RESTful web services.
- Experience with the modern Web stack: notably React, Typescript, and Node.js, as well as experience with other frameworks (like Vue, Ember, Angular, Backbone).
- Experience working in blended teams collaborating with backend and frontend engineers.
This role will be remote.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $116,312- $166,160
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3735930