Staff Software Engineer - Data Platform L4 (Ke) United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Software Engineer - Data Platform (L4)
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio's Kafka Data Pipeline Team is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team. The team develops and manages Kafka and the ecosystem spread across multiple regions and manages the ecosystem. It is an integral component to many of Twilio’s core products.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us build, scale and uplevel the rock-solid ecosystem on our critical data infrastructure at large scale.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Lead the development and operations of our kafka data pipeline products, services and tools, implement best practices
- BE BOLD: Build globally available and highly scalable distributed systems
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Mentor other engineers on the team on technical architecture and design. Collaborate with teams across the R&D org and work cross-functionally for product launches
- DON’T SETTLE: Drive resilience and quality by executing load, performance, and chaos analysis in a continuous delivery environment
- BE AN OWNER: Participate in an on-call rotation to support our business-critical infrastructure
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 7+ years of experience developing globally distributed systems
- Experience in Java or Scala, Python familiarity is also useful
- Understanding and experience in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- In-depth knowledge on a few of the production technologies we use including AWS (CloudFormation, EC2), Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Chef
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience developing and operating distributed systems with high-availability and high-throughput, such as Apache Kafka.
- Experience building data platforms and data pipelines
This role will be in San Francisco, or Remote USA, no travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
*If you are a Colorado applicant:
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,000 - $200,000
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4288829