Staff Software Engineer, Data Architecture Remote - US / Canada
GitHub helps companies, organizations, and groups of individuals succeed by allowing them to build better software, together.
The Engineering organization is looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to join the Data group and closely partner with our Product organization on leading the development of key data products. In this role, you will lead the development of large scale distributed systems that power GitHub’s core user offerings.
This is an individual contributor position with significant growth potential.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and other Engineers on identifying, prioritizing, and solving complex technical problems
- Advise on best practices and decisions related to building and shipping effective software products at scale
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to architect, design, implement and operationalize systems
- 8+ years experience in data-intensive applications and distributed systems
- 8+ years programming experience in modern programming languages
- Track record of expert knowledge of relational databases and data architecture
- 12+ years experience in data-intensive applications and distributed systems
- Strong experience in Python, Go, or similar languages
- Deep experience implementing solutions on non-relational databases (NoSQL, graph, etc.)
- Strong experience building data solutions that enable the deployment and experimentation of machine learning pipelines in production
- Experience with DevOps methodologies and comfortable with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform, etc.)
- Experience leading complex technical projects in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3503809