Staff Software Engineer - Data Services Worldwide
InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our team is in search of a Staff Software Engineer - Data Services to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
The Data Services team is a critical platform team that owns the infrastructure and software systems to provision data storage solutions for InVision’s technology teams. We develop platform self-service tools empowering product engineering teams to provision and manage their own data services. As the subject matter experts of data, the team provides guidance and solutions ensuring secure, available, and scalable data solutions are chosen to meet the needs for InVisions products.
What you’ll do:
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality self-service platform services
- Lead, interface, and collaborate with other engineers on and beyond the team to deliver scalable solutions
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS
- Establish architectural principles, select data design patterns, and mentor engineering teams on their appropriate application
- Investigate data approaches, prototype new technologies, evaluate technical feasibility
- Build and develop tools which will automate data service provisioning and operational activities
- Own goals to consistently drive down operational load and increase efficiencies in every component of the team’s operational work
What you’ll bring (we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single one):
- BS in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience driving the architecture, engineering and software design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, databases, tools, systems, and services using service-oriented architecture
- Expert level experience with Kubernetes - Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs) and Operators
- Professional Go experience
- Experience working with AWS technologies such as RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Lambda
- Experience with online services and fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers or software developers in all aspects of their engineering duties
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/invision/jobs/1725519