Staff, Product Manager - Identity United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Manager to be a key leader in the strategy and execution of IAM products - Authentication and Login for Twilio globally. The person in this role will lead cross-functional teams from a product's conception all the way through to its launch. They will be responsible for setting a product vision and strategy, and will be working on API design, user experience, planning & prioritizing sprints, defining the product roadmap and specing out new features and product enhancements.
Twilio is looking for a Product Manager IV for our Identity Platform Team in San Francisco. They will be responsible for building IAM products and features our customers will love. They will play a key role in defining the product and priorities. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, who never settles, is ready to jump into a variety of product offerings and is able to coordinate and collaborate with other teams. They are responsible for defining the why, when, and what of the product that the engineering team builds. You will be someone who who lives the Twilio Magic.
You are a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience envisioning and building resilient, high-throughput services and products.
- Ability to work with engineering, architecture, design, product marketing, GTM sales and customer support to help launch new products and support existing ones.
- Be able to contribute to the management of your products from both a technical and business perspective. The success of our products is in your hands.
- The ability to ship quality products in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels. It is particularly important that you have experience working directly with engineers and engineering management.
- Has strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on product management experience in writing detailed product specifications is a must.
- Experience writing code - for fun, college, or work - is a plus. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our internal engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers.
- Experience with building Identity Access Management is preferred.
- Specific experience working with authentication standards such as SAML, OAuth, Open-Id Connect, FIDO is a plus.
- MS or MBA degree preferred
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Create and contribute to the roadmap for your product area.
- Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Define and report product metrics - being data driven is key.
- Mock up concepts, write functional specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to our internal engineers, designers and other product managers.
- A significant portion of our customers are developers, and we are passionate about building products for them. You will need to engage with our developer community to understand how we can improve our products to increase functionality and unlock new uses.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our San Francisco office, with the option of being remote. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3294845