Staff Product Manager (L4) - Programmable Voice United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Product Manager for the Voice product
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
We believe in the power of voice to intimately connect us. We are on a mission to ensure that voice interactions strengthen human relationships in our global economy. We make it effortless for all organizations to create delightful voice experiences that make every one of their customers feel valued and understood.
This position is needed to lead the PSTN connectivity used by both the Programmable Voice and Elastic SIP Trunking business units. This is the foundational building block that lets Twilio’s customers’ scale internationally, by abstracting away telecom complexity and delivering a best-in-class voice service.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build the next-generation routing platform with your team of engineers
- Responsible for the pricing for PSTN calls
- Translate customer needs into best-in-class PSTN setups in international countries
- Work closely with Twilions across the globe to deliver best-in-class voice service demanded by the most demanding contact centers and next-generation of CPaaS use-cases.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- You have 5+ years experience as a Product Manager
- Experience in telecom (international is a plus)
- You have a strong technical background (Engineering or CS preferred)
- Experience writing detailed product requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- You have experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment, overcoming obstacles and delivering customer value
- You are data driven with strong analytical skills. A plus if you have experience with SQL and Kibana
- You are hands on, passionate, and collaborative
- An MBA or advanced technical degree
- Experience publishing documentation, blogs, patents
- Experience with SIP/VoIP, APIs, Voice quality
This role will be remote, and based in the East Coast, USA.
Approximately 1% travel is anticipated.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $160,072 - $200,090
- Sales Commission: Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
- Non-Sales: Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4334342