Staff Platform Engineer, macOS Remote UK
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Mozilla’s Privacy and Security product team is a vanguard protecting people on the internet. We embody the Mozilla manifesto principle: individuals’ security & privacy are fundamental and must not be treated as optional.
After the launch of our flagship product, the Mozilla VPN, in 2020, the Privacy and Security product team is hard at work building new features and products to add to our portfolio. Since our products can be used by anyone with internet access, every engineer on our team has the ability to provide valuable tools to protect users’ data and contribute to a safer internet.
Our culture promotes participation, innovative thinking, and is inclusive of people from all walks of life. We build comprehensive full-stack software like Mozilla VPN, Monitor, and Relay. We code web services and APIs, web front-ends, browser extensions like Multi-Account Containers, and client-side apps.
What You'll Do
- Build and maintain significant portions of the Mozilla VPN, including backend services, web front-ends, and client-side apps.
- Collaborate with Product, UX, QA, and Ops teams ship features
- Design, code, and test new features, making marked contributions to the application and process with an emphasis on performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code
- Write unit tests, automated regression tests, and tracking defects as they occur.
What You Bring
- 5+ years software engineering experience, with emphasis in native and application using C/C++
- Ability to collaborate with a distributed team of developers to write the best code for assigned projects that meet the needs of customers
Bonus Points For
- Experience interoperability issues
- Experience working with Privacy, Security, and Networking products.
- Experience collaborating with geographically distributed team members.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1840
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/mozilla/jobs/4686901