Staff Full Stack Software Engineer, Enterprise Customer Experience United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Staff Full Stack Software Engineer.
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
This position on the Enterprise Customer Experience team is needed to maximize the value Twilio Segment offers to our largest customers. We play a critical role in ensuring the needs of our enterprise customers are efficiently turned into robust software solutions and delightful user experience. Our team vision is to deliver a high quality, accessible, and world-class customer experience - focusing on helping Segment’s largest customers scale their Segment implementation. If you are passionate about leading and solving unique business problems and enjoy working on them in a small, data-driven team, this may be for you!
In this role, you’ll:
- Act as a technical leader, defining the roadmap for technological adoption, and developing the skills of more junior engineers.
- Operate at a team level, helping the team work expeditiously through blockers and orchestrating resolutions for projects.
- Help more junior developers by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers.
- Rally the team around industry best practices
- Lead, thoroughly outline, document and build new engineering features, products and architecture
- Evaluate and analyze new technology for feasibility, impact and viability
- Should be able to adapt to prioritizing multiple issues in a high-pressure environment.
- Should be able to understand complex architectures and be comfortable working with different teams.
- Ability to conduct application performance analysis.
- Make critical decisions on high level technical strategy and set direction for a group of disparate engineers.
- Actively participate in design, code review, backlog grooming. Works with peers to meet team’s commitments.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- At least 8 years of hands-on engineering full stack experience.
- 3+ years of lead experience in designing and implementing fault-tolerant, data-intensive services.
- Strong experience with one or more of following languages - Golang, TypeScript, Python, Java.
- Experience with AWS, GCP or other public cloud infrastructure platforms.
- Extensive experience with REST API design and implementation.
- Experience implementing modern automated testing and CI/CD pipelines.
- Champion of good engineering habits: development and test techniques, security, automation.
- Strong technical and leadership chops - Led technical decisions for your team and influenced technical decisions across your functional domains on large scale projects.
- Lead initiatives/projects that enforce operational reliability factors such as monitoring, performance and capacity planning, security, and disaster response.
- Use your full-stack engineering knowledge to build delightful user experiences, components, patterns, and robust engineering systems. You’ll primarily be working in TypeScript, React, Node, GraphQL, and SQL.
- Reviewing code, offering improvements to practices and processes to impact the team and larger organization.
- Put yourself in the customers’ shoes by understanding how they use our products and advocating for solutions that represent their need.
- Experience with enterprise software solutions and customers.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related industry experience.
- On call experience debugging mission critical systems.
- Experience with container based deployments using Kubernetes or AWS EKS.
This role will be remote in the USA and Canada (Vancouver & Toronto areas).
This position is a remote role but is not eligible to be hired in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, San Jose, CA, or the surrounding areas.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
*Please note this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well. The information below is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $169,520 - $211,900.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4502799