Staff Engineer, Cloud Platforms Remote - Ireland /
The Staff Engineer Cloud Platforms role plays a key role in ensuring our cloud platform is well architected. This person will help identify gaps and engineer solutions to achieve our future state activities to close those gaps. This position plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's multi-region expansion strategy, architecture and practices as well as contributes to maturing the company's cloud platform architecture and technology frameworks.
What your day could consist of:
- Design and implement agile innovative multi-region cloud hosted high volume SaaS reducing tech debt across the tech stack.
- Design, implement and integrate management solutions to effectively manage public cloud implementation(Docker, Kubernetes, Service Mesh) and monolith application deployed in multi-region across globe, ensure reliability, elasticity, performance and security
- Work on improving platform performance for legacy applications and guide engineering teams to improve full stack performance for future state architecture.
- Identify, evaluate, select and engineer highly reliable reference architecture that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively, ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of shared container platform
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the containerization ecosystem, establish and mature standards and integration for infrastructure management domains - logging, monitoring, configuration management and orchestration.
- Identify and implement standard instrumentation to reduce complexity and measure operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Work closely with geographically distributed product, security and platform engineering teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Evangelize the cloud and container management platform standards and capabilities, gain insights of the workflows of Product Development, Engineering and Operations teams, ensure platform relevance and drive adoption, enable the application transformation from monolithic to microservices.
- Provide cloud architecture best practices guidance to SRE , DBRE, Product Engineering, DevOps Engineering teams in the company
What is needed:
- 5-7 years of cloud engineering experience (AWS preferred)
- 3+ years as a hands-on lead engineer on cloud hosted SaaS/Applications.
- Experience implementing multi-region hosted SaaS solutions.
- Experience engineering end to end SaaS hosting tooling: Logging, Monitoring, AIOps, self healing.
- Experience designing and implementing access control models
- Experience on AWS IaaS and PaaS services is highly preferred.
- Ability to build consensus and provide advisory to leadership.
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Self-motivated and strong sense of ownership of tasks
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees, open vacation plan, generous 401(k) matching, free lunch and endless snacks and beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.