Staff, Data Analyst United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
It’s time to build! Twilio's CIAO team (Cloud Insights and Optimizations) team is looking for an inspired, humble Data Analyst to empower Twilions to optimize cloud infrastructure usage without sacrificing Twilio’s customer’s trust. You will empower teams with tools to provide visibility into their infrastructure spend, infrastructure efficiency, tagging, taxonomy, forecast and budget planning across all cloud services like Amazon Web Services (AWS) & Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Twilio is looking for a motivated Data Analyst who lives the Twilio Magic and has a validated capacity to learn and adapt, with a passion to build tooling that enables other engineering teams and who has:
- 6+ years of professional experience doing quantitative analysis, building dashboards and reports, working with business partners to convert ambiguous messy data into tangible substantial results to influence business decisions in a fast-paced industry and data science.
- Product design mentality and ability to think strategically and initiate, refine and complete tasks with minimal guidance.
- Experienced working with SQL and relational data (4+ years on a regular basis).
- Experience with data visualization and ability to tell stories with data to empower partners to act on recommendations. Experience with Tableau and Looker (LookML) is preferred.
- Experience with data warehousing and/or ETL processes, demonstrable understanding and experience in data collection, processing, governance, reporting and analytics of large data sets.
- Proven track record in automating data processes using industry standard tools—experience with Python or R for scripting and data manipulation and analysis.
- Experience with distributed computing like (Hive/Presto) and Snowflake.
- Experience in Forecasting and Regression ML domain is a plus.
- Proven leadership and self-direction. Willingness to both teach others and learn new techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a Data Analyst on CIAO team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- Draw the Owl and Be Bold: Proactively find improvement areas, develop solutions, drive execution and deliver value.
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Be a true partner, understand real questions behind requests and tackle the problem with the best method for the problem.
- Be An owner and Write It Down: Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own passion or interest, without needing pressure from others. Document knowledge to enable other analysts. Develop and document processes and make sure everyone complies.
- Be Inclusive: Partner with business stakeholders in different areas to help think through and plan the right solution for their problems.
- Empower Others: Help create a data-driven culture within Twilio by enabling the teams to be self-sufficient around a single source of truth.
Every business with a presence in the cloud needs to have a Cloud Center of Excellence – a team that is tasked with the responsibility of developing a framework for business’s cloud operations. One of the most important roles of the team is governing the infrastructure spend and building out best practices throughout the business to optimize cost.
CIAO (Cloud Insights and Optimizations) team at Twilio implements key functions of CCoE by empowering Twilions with tools to provide visibility/governance into their spend, infrastructure efficiency, tagging methodology for infrastructure, automation of discovery and actions for recurring wastage patterns and evangelizes best practices to create efficient micro-services in the cloud.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be remote in the USA. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity reg ardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For more info, see Twilio’s 2023 D&I pledge and plan
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$ 90.752,00 - $124.784,00
Rest of Colorado:
$79.408,00 - $109.186,00
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3361649