Staff Accountant Fishers, IN
Formstack transforms the way you collect data and put it to work.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to help us accomplish this mission!
Formstack is a 15-year-old company with roots in Indianapolis. Our customers span 110 different countries, and our employees live and work across the U.S. and the globe. We provide a work environment that is flexible and provides great freedom for those who can perform. We are seeking people who demonstrate an ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
As a Staff Accountant at Formstack, you will consistently apply policies and procedures and multitask a variety of tasks while adhering to tight deadlines. You must easily adapt to change, and work well in a fast-paced, and ever-changing environment. You LOVE numbers and all things accounting! You know how to get things done on your own and have an eye for details.
What You Will Do:
The primary focus of this position will be to ensure that daily bookkeeping needs are addressed and that all transactional and close responsibilities are completed in a timely manner. The Staff Accountant will work under the direction of the Controller.
How You Will Succeed:
- Perform daily bookkeeping tasks including importing and coding bank activity
- Review and categorize purchasing card spend
- Maintain fixed asset inventory and tracking of additions/disposals
- Monitor incoming mail for customer payments, tax notices, etc.
- Apply customer check and ACH payments in the billing system
- Prepare weekly check deposit
- Assist with the entry of vendor invoices into accounts payable system as needed
- Validate and create new vendor records in the accounting system as needed
- Assist with preparation of monthly journal entries and general ledger maintenance
- Assist with the month-end general ledger close
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in an accounting role
- Well organized with a high degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Effectively multi-task with planning and efficiency
- Must be able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Proficient use of applicable technology (Microsoft Excel); experience using Netsuite and/or Airbase is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 per year
What Formstack Offers:
- Free health plans, as well as company-paid Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- Unlimited PTO for all employees.
- Retirement accounts with company matching for US and Canadian full-time employees.
- The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
- Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
- Yearly company gatherings
Want to learn more about who we are and what we value? CLICK HERE to hear from some current Formstackers about what matters most!
Formstack is proud and dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities.
Formstack maintains a policy that Equal Employment Opportunities be available to all persons without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, union affiliation, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This means we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all applicants and employees through all phases of employment, including but not limited to hiring, promotion, treatment during employment, demotion, and termination.
Salary ranges are determined by industry research and trends. Individual salaries are based on skills, experience, and geographical location. Compensation is reviewed on a regular basis and adjustments are made accordingly.
All data collected in our application process from resume collection to application questions is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, JazzHR, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.
Thank you for your interest in Formstack!