Sr. Writer, Customer Advocacy and Corporate Communications AMER
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects — Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats — we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 35 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
The Senior Writer, Corporate Communications, will be a key part of our Marketing team and will be the lead writer on the majority of customer marketing and customer advocacy content including customer stories, customer collateral, video testimonial scripts, interviews, and customer ‘blurbs’. Additionally, the successful candidate will contribute to creating content for other corporate communications functions: public relations, analyst relations and social media. Additionally, you will be the team’s lead editor for all such content as well as content generated by customers themselves including guest blogs, event presentations and more. You will literally write and represent the voice of the customer to our internal and external readers and audiences.
You must be a terrific, creative and engaging writer, a meticulous and dedicated editor and enough of a journalist that you can interview customers and get the best story and insights from what they do with our products. You must have an ability to conduct a functional, business and often technical conversation and turn it into an engaging narrative. You must be able to hear people talk about documents, servers, nodes and data and craft an understanding of why those things are important to our customers and change their organizations for the better.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Interviewing customers, users, Elastic employees and partners to understand the full scope of their use cases and implementation of our products
- Often starting with recordings and raw notes and creating a narrative story or customer journey
- Finding the amazing kernel or theme in a story or customer use case and learning to draw it out in a compelling and engaging way
- Writing content and collateral based on these interviews such as customer stories, scripts, briefs, blurbs, quotes, press releases, bylines, presentations, announcements and more
- Editing all of the above
- Writing communication content and collateral for Elastic as part of our corporate communications group
- Working across teams and departments at our customers and at Elastic to produce the content you generate
- Providing strategic counsel on messaging, program development and content development for all of the above
- Create content campaigns that align with marketing objectives and company goals
- Produce, edit and customize content for all our platforms, including our website, social media, press releases and media articles
- Pitch articles to third-party websites for publication and guest post on partner websites
- Work with marketing colleagues to analyze content performance metrics, such as total attention time, click-through rate and social following growth, and apply those insights to improve existing content and develop better content ideas for the future
- Write and A/B test our copy, including CTAs, value propositions and landing pages
What you Bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications
- At least 10 years marketing and communications experience writing in the B2B enterprise software space, preferably in open source, data, search or analytics
- 5+ years of experience with SEO and internet content writing
- Excellent storyteller, writer, and editorial skills
- Good understanding of content marketing, demand generation, and the customer journey
- Demonstrated success in a similar role and a fantastic portfolio of writing samples covering a breadth of products, platforms and channels for distribution
- Portfolio including writing for software and technology across a variety of industries such as financial services, healthcare, technology, manufacturing, retail and more
- Crystal clear communication skills at all times in all forms
- Familiarity with technology tools that support editorial calendars and processes
- Excellent teamwork, organizational and project management skills
- Experience working with content management systems
- Ability to research and learn about a wide range of topics
- Attention to detail while exhibiting great creative and critical thinking
- Efficiency and expediency under deadline while keeping a friendly and open demeanor
If you have some fluency or business conversation skills in a language other than English we’d be delighted. If you have a passion for our particular business and love the community-driven aspect of our company, our customers and employees we’ll get along well.
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Stock options
- Option to work 100% remotely or from any office
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid in full parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
How to Apply:
Send us your resume and provide a cover letter introducing yourself and telling us why you’re interested in Elastic. In the cover letter also include a sentence or two about what you think of Our Source Code. Between first interview and second round of interviews, all candidates will be asked to submit a writing sample and/or provide an online portfolio of work.
Our search might be focused in certain areas, but we are looking for great talent across the globe/region and we will consider candidates that are not residing in the locations listed below.
Target locations: Distributed - US
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/elastic/jobs/1320639