Sr. Technical Writer, Solutions Engineering Worldwide
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
You're a writer who loves helping others how to understand complex technical solutions. You understand that the devil is in the details: accuracy, concision, and relevance. But you've also felt that unique satisfaction when a customer learns something new thanks to what you wrote.
You've probably wondered if our industry's standards for technical product documentation are the best they can be. You're excited at the thought of pushing beyond those standards to discover new ways to accelerate training Solutions Engineers.
This is a 6-month contractor role. To apply for this position, please include your resume along with 3 writing samples that showcase your best work and technical mastery.
This is a remote, full-time contractor position. Hours are flexible, although some meetings will require coordinating with peers based primarily in the United States. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves
Twilio is looking for an experienced Technical Writer who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of useful writing and technical fluency. We're looking for someone who can create high-quality, user-friendly documentation to help our Solutions Engineers and Twilio Account Teams get their jobs done as painlessly as possible. This may include capturing product specifications, building FAQ guides, and otherwise making ‘hard-to-find’ information not so hard to find. In addition:
- You are curious, and have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly in an evolving environment.
- You have 5+ years of experience producing compelling and clear technical documentation.
- You have experience writing documentation that makes complex ideas, systems, concepts, and tasks accessible to a diverse audience.
- You’ve got some experience with enterprise software and love learning about new things.
- You welcome opportunities to understand your audience better and execute on whatever it takes to solve their problems.
- You have a teacher's heart that drives you to share with others who are lacking your experience and skills.
- You pay attention to the details, and you have a meticulous eye for consistency and accuracy.
- You appreciate being part of a fast-paced, continuously iterative environment.
- You enjoy collaborating with peers across teams and departments.
In this role, you may find yourself conducting interviews with Product Managers and Solutions Engineers to understand content gaps, authoring brand new documentation, rewriting existing docs, assisting with the launch of new features, and reviewing the work of fellow technical contributors. As Technical Writer, you will live the Twilio Magic Values:
- BE BOLD: Craft technical documentation and collateral that convey complex ideas and concepts in a simple and easy to understand way.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER'S SHOES: Produce, edit, and organize content that help our customers build a business solution, not just a set of features.
- BE AN OWNER & WRITE IT DOWN: Build a repository of assets to support Twilio Sales and Solutions Engineers showcase our solutions.
- DRAW THE OWL: Experiment with new language and graphics to help our customers learn our products faster. Experiment with new ways to help our customers learn our products faster.
- DON’T SETTLE: Challenge yourself to drive “80%-level results” with “20%-level effort” (we care about impact over perfection).
The Solutions Engineering organization plays a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and they are critical to deal success. The Twilio product suite is built for developers who are on a mission to build innovative communication products and technology. We help customers achieve success by leading the technical and product sale, recommending best-practice solutions, and guiding them on how to use Twilio’s APIs. Our technical documentation should support Twilio Solutions Engineers to deploy common use cases with as little friction as possible. Solutions Engineering owns the technical sales process to help demonstrate the best way to use Twilio products to achieve (and often exceed) their goals.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2193169