Sr. Technical Product Marketing Manager, IoT (Contract) United States
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a senior technical product marketing manager (Sr. Technical PMM) full time contractor for its IoT product portfolio.
The person in this role will eventually own a variety of strategic product marketing duties for one of our IoT products, such as product positioning and messaging; enabling sales; leading product launches for technical audiences; building product demos; conducting technical competitive evaluations.
Reporting to the IoT Principal Product Marketing Manager, this person will become a key member of the team advising and executing on the go-to-market strategy for Twilio IoT, with many direct touch points across our Sales, Sales Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, and (Partner/Vendor) Business Development teams and leadership.
The ideal candidate would have a solutions engineering, product management, or similar background, who wants to pivot their career to the product marketing field. Somebody who is technical enough to build a product prototype and business-savvy enough to pitch to a decision maker.
This is a remote role and can be located anywhere in the United States. While a contractor role for up to 12 months, the Twilio IoT BU has a track record of hiring contractors into full employment.
Twilio is looking for an experienced individual contributor who lives the Twilio Magic and has:
- 5+ years experience in technical product marketing, sales engineering, or product management for complex enterprise software, hardware, or networking.
- Proof of the technical ability to understand complex software and recognize areas of product integration across other Twilio products, and discuss these with product managers.
- Proof of having built (software) tools/prototypes or product demos in the past – a “copy&paste” level of basic programming proficiency is fine.
- Strong analytical skills, to dive into complex subject matters and new industries and distill their essences.
- Strong communication and storytelling skills, to effectively educate and enable audiences from various backgrounds in visual (Google Slides, email) and verbal form (live or recorded presentations).
- A background in wireless connectivity, embedded systems, or computer networking – as a nice-to-have.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
As a Sr. Technical Product Marketing Manager, IoT, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE BOLD: Don’t be shy to come up with new ideas for how to improve our products or internal processes, and constantly challenge the status quo – but always be productive and constructive when doing so.
- BE AN OWNER: We trust each other and take pride in our work, so we also rely on each other to take full ownership and accountability for everything we do. You won’t get micro-managed.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: A strong voice of the customer is key for the success of our business. Expect to become a trusted advisor to customers, and become trusted by our Sales and Product teams in return.
- DON’T SETTLE: Prepare to hear many different points of view across our product And sales engineering team, and weave them - together with your own, which you’ll develop over time - into comprehensive but succinct product demos and market communications
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: We work in a very fast-paced environment with frequent pivots to stay on top of stakeholder needs. Become an expert at deciding what work may rest, for how long, in favor of more pressing needs as they come up.
The IoT business unit is one of the fastest-growing BU at Twilio, with innovative solutions to help make the physical world programmable. We operate like a startup, but with the backing and resources of a large organization – the perfect combination.
We take a new and disruptive approach to providing connectivity for large fleets of IoT devices, and our small but growing product marketing team is central to the success of our business unit.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Twilio IoT builds on this legacy to deliver products and services that solve the hardest problems of connecting devices to the internet, with platforms for cellular connectivity and firmware management for device builders.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $52.80 - $66.00
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $46.20 - $57.75
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3282131