Sr. Product Manager, Data & Visualization (Remote Friendly) Redwood City, CA / Remote /
Deliver data and visualization products that empower scientists and power the development of next-generation, sustainable materials, and chemicals.
About Citrine Informatics
At Citrine, we’re ushering in the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals.
We are the industry leader in AI for materials and chemicals. Our platform provides data management and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools that help our customers rapidly develop higher performing, more sustainable materials. Our users are scientists and engineers at market-leading manufacturing and materials companies and we collaborate with professors and researchers from world-renowned institutions on cutting-edge research at the intersection of AI and the physical sciences.
In 2019 and 2020, Citrine was recognized for our impact on sustainability by the Global CleanTech Group and was named one of the Most Promising AI Startups by CB Insights. As a team, we are ambitious with our goals, passionate about our vision, and eager to grow and learn from each other. Our team is growing fast and looking for the best to join us.
Our Platform gives product developers, researchers, and engineers access to cutting-edge, domain-specific AI, all without writing a line of code. This enables our customers to discover and deploy the next generation of sustainable, high-performing materials and chemicals up to 98% faster than traditional R&D approaches. We have clusters of remote employees in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, and Raleigh-Durham areas, and our customers include multiple Fortune 100 materials, product, and manufacturing companies.
About the Role
In this role, you will contribute to the mission of delivering the right tools, services, and technology to our customers. You are excited by the opportunity to drive revolutionary change in the materials industry, and comfortable collaborating with materials researchers to distill their objectives, understand their pain points and appreciate the power of bringing the right workflows and tools to their research. You thrive working autonomously and collectively with smart colleagues and customers who are changing the world.
You will drive and define the product strategy, goals, and requirements for our data and visualization platform working with cross-functional teams to execute and deliver on the next phase of Citrine’s AI and Data services. With a focus on the future, the Product Management team works closely with creative engineers, designers, and researchers to develop tools and technologies that grow the field of Materials Informatics. We're responsible for guiding products from concept to execution for some of the world’s leading companies by analyzing, positioning, and tailoring our solutions to the market as it matures.
- Deliver services for data visualization/dashboards and work closely with engineering teams to develop and enhance the data platform to enable scientists and enterprise customers’ to analyse their data for better decision making.
- Analyze and document complex business requirements and processes; construct conceptual data and process models; develop business requirements.
- Create business and technical documentation to enable internal & partner data integrations.
- Understand the current market landscape and articulate how your product fits into the ecosystem.
- Define the strategy, goals, roadmap and requirements of your product and execute the product vision for Citrine’s users.
- Work cross-functionally with data scientists, engineers, researchers, design, and other internal stakeholders to identify and implement customer workflows and scalable solutions.
- Manage product expectations, roadmap, dependencies, metrics, and releases while iterating and prototyping to test hypotheses with customers.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as Product Manager.
- Proficiency with data visualization techniques and their respective applications in designing to solve analytical- and workflow-related tasks.
- Experience with data analysis and building the right visualization for users to make decisions, strong user research skills needed.
- 30-60-90 day goals: will own the Data APIs and visualization of plots we expose through the UI
- Working technical background, including knowledge of databases, BI, front-end, back-end, web, and mobile apps.
- Experience driving backend service capability for solving user-focused problems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the purpose of bringing clarity to complexity and communicating to inform and influence across cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals and evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends.
- Ability to manage and lead across highly cross-functional teams.
- Excited to be innovative in a fast-paced, highly technical environment. Experience with Agile Scrum and Lean methodologies.
- Background in research and user experience is a plus.
- Experience in the materials or chemical development or manufacturing industries is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, or national origin.
Our Core Values
Citrine Informatics recognizes that its most valuable asset is its people. We have created our set of Core Values to encourage, support, and invest in our team as they work to innovate and support a more sustainable world. Our Core Values reflect our ongoing commitment to continuously invest in nurturing our talent and our people-first approach to conducting business.
- We take pride in and recognize the successes and growth of ourselves and our colleagues. We support each other in our growth.
- We prototype and collect data to make good decisions. We question that data and are constantly iterating to find the best solution.
- We are all owners of Citrine and make decisions like owners. We work autonomously with personal and organizational accountability.
- We commit to building a diverse and inclusive community within Citrine and actively promote equity and belonging.
- We are tirelessly committed to creating value for our customers.
- We exist to help our customers accelerate the development of sustainable products that are critical to the future of both our planet and our industry.
Compensation and Pay Transparency
At Citrine, we want your path to career growth to be transparent, straightforward, fair, and easily accessible -- starting with your application and interview process. The annual salary range listed below reflects the level we are considering for this position (please note that there may be unique situations where you may fall outside of this range). Where you fall within the range will depend on how your experience and skills align to our internal leveling system as we learn more about you throughout the interview process.
$150,000 USD - $170,000 USD
*Range(s) listed are for full-time employees based in the United States only.
**Colorado only: disclosure above meets the requirement by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Our Benefits (for exempt, full-time employees based within the United States)
401k with matching up to 4% of salary
Medical, vision, dental insurance (we pay 100% of your premium and 75% of your dependents)
FSA and HSA plans
Flexible PTO on top of our 15 paid company holidays (includes your birthday!)
Free financial counseling
$600 onboarding tech allowance
$5,000 annual professional growth budget