Senior Manager, Internal Communications Remote - US / Canada
The internal communications team at GitHub focuses on ensuring the company’s growing employee base (“Hubbers”) has the right information and tools to do the best work of their lives.
This role will advise teams and senior leaders across the company on creative communication of key programs, company news and benefits, while helping to maintain and reinforce our unique culture as the company continues to experience rapid growth.
The right person for the role thrives in a creative environment and enjoys that every day is different. This role is central to where business and culture meet and influences how information is delivered to Hubbers all over the world. You may be parachuted into a hot spot within the business to assess communication challenges, and then execute and measure with experiments along the way. You may be in charge of launching a program from scratch and be key in follow up and follow through. You may work with HR on key culture initiatives, a senior executive on a new program or announcement, or with PR on cross-collaborative programs. You will serve as both a communicator and culture ambassador, finding ways to enhance the culture while also driving change as needed.
You excel in interpersonal communication skills and have demonstrated a successful history of good judgment over the course of your career. You understand the power of words and are masterful at finding the right combination to convey a message. You are a high performer with a growth mindset who is both collaborative and autonomous. You get excited about making an impact on a growing company.
The role is US-remote based. Some domestic and international travel may be needed post-Covid (less than 10% annually).
- Find fun and unique ways to inform and inspire Hubbers, as well as help them put developers/customers first
- Provide strategic input on messaging and communications strategy, and influence internal stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally and across geographies to help drive consistency of content and experience for Hubbers
- Connect the dots across the business to provide Hubbers with the big picture
- Write compelling and effective copy for a variety of communications and channels
- Establish measurable objectives and iterate as needed to drive results
- 7+ years of professional experience in communications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong executive presence and ability to advise on communications strategy to all levels of the organization (and to persuade as needed)
- Can easily develop strategic communication plans with the Communications team and other internal stakeholders, and execute on them independently
- Experience working on cross-functional communications (PR, social, events) teams and/or in agency environments
- Adjusts successfully with a variety of teams, management levels, cultures, and personalities
- Demonstrated skills in measurement, judgment, and driving results
- Strong organization, prioritization and project management skills, and excellent attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Journalism, Communications or equivalent experience
- A career path that demonstrates proven success delivering measurable results
- Ability to take a large amount of information from several places and distill it into a story or resource
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and has the ability to pivot quickly
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency in Google Slides, Keynote, and/or PowerPoint, G Suite, Microsoft Office
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed - Trust by Default - Ship to Learn - Own the Outcome - Growth Mindset - Global Product, Global Team - Anything is Possible - Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/github/jobs/3047766