Sr. Manager, Global Employee Relations United States
See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Sr. Manager, Global Employee Relations on the HR Ops & Shared Services Team!
Who we are & why we’re hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we're headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We're on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we're looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
As the Senior Manager of Global Employee Relations at Twilio, this individual will lead a cross-regional employee relations team focused on providing proactive (education and prevention) and reactive (conflict management and performance management) support and coaching across our business.
The primary objective of the Employee Relations team at Twilio is to ensure the treatment of every Twilion is fair, respectful, and consistent with our core values, or what we refer to as our ‘Twilio Magic’. We are a forward-thinking team that relies on our subject matter expertise and empathy to consistently improve Twilio.
This manager role requires an individual who has significant employee relations experience, deep subject matter expertise, and strong emotional intelligence, communication and interpersonal skills, enabling the individual to interact with employees at all levels of the organization. The individual must be able to perform with little supervision, have prior people management experience, and be comfortable working on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues, projects and initiatives.
In this role, you’ll:
- Manage the Global Employee Relations team of regional ER Specialists
- Guide and coach team regarding the effective and timely resolution of ER matters, including performance management, disciplinary actions, employee entitlements, and employee complaints
- Provide consultation, guidance, and support in all matters related to workplace issues.These matters include management coaching and training; policy development and interpretation; disability and leave accommodations.
- Oversee management, investigation and resolution of employee complaints, grievances and other workplace concerns in an efficient, effective and timely manner, including generating sufficient documentation to protect the company and communicating effectively with all interested parties
- Assist HRBPs with the assessment and review of performance management, including the editing, review and execution of performance advisories and performance improvement plans.
- Assist with the data reporting and analytics of ER cases for themes, trends and root causes to provide insights and recommendations for decision making and prevention of ER risk
- Partner with the VP of HR Shared Services for continuous transformation toward a shared services ER model
- Promote knowledge and understanding of company policy and of relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training
- Evolve Employee Policy Manual, Guides and procedures
- Assist with the assessment of organizational changes
- Build relationships with key ER functional partners
- Lead ER project work and consultations related to the employee experience as needed
- Identify and offer solutions and initiatives regarding broader company policy and cultural issues, employee concerns, management and employee trends, and areas for managerial, workplace, performance management and general ER improvement.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having “desired” qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn't followed a traditional path, don't let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management, Employee/Industrial Relations, Business, Employment/Legal Studies
- Minimum 5+ years ER experience with 2-3 years in relevant experience leading others
- Experience handling both ER in the U.S. as well as familiarity with running a global ER function, ideally across all regions (EMEA, APJ, LATAM)
- Demonstrated experience leading a wide variety of complex employee investigations across geographies with little or no supervision
- Excellent decision making, problem solving, critical thinking and root cause/analysis skills
- Demonstrated investigation and consultative skills
- High emotional intelligence and strong and leadership people skills
- Ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decisions while keeping relevant stakeholders informed
- Ability to position self as credible, proactive and a trusted thought-partner
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including verbal and written
- Juris Doctorate
- Role only open to US
- This role is fully remote with optional access to office (subject to location)
- Approximately 5-10% travel may be required
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That's why we seek out colleagues who embody our values — something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you're ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn't what you're looking for, please consider other open positions.
(Location dependent information)
- The estimated pay range for this role, based in Colorado, is $132,320 - $181,940.
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
The successful candidate’s starting salary will be determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the state. This role is also eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan and for the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Twilio is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Twilio participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Twilio is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/4577632