Sr. Instructor United States
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
CrowdStrike seeks experienced educators and consultants who want to help our clients learn how to protect their organizations against the most advanced attackers in the world. Our CrowdStrike Services training and education team lets you use your experience in security to help students up their game. You’ll work with one of the premier incident response teams in the world, carrying the lessons of the field to a classroom environment.
If your skillset includes incident response and preparation, this position can also cross over into occasional service delivery of the types shown in our Senior Consultant careers. You should look at those postings – as well as the nightly news – to get an idea of the excitement that we call “just another Friday afternoon.”
Am I an Instructor/Curriculum Development Candidate?
- Can you effectively communicate complicated topics to an audience with a wide variety of skills? Can you explain the importance of regular patching to your grandma and at least keep up when your niece explains the x86 binary she reversed before Thanksgiving dinner?
- Do you have an Incident Response or Information Security background, and did you enjoy explaining the “why” and the “how” to your clients in the past?
- Are you an IR consultant who enjoys the work but needs or wants to get out of the 3-4-5 travel every week?
- Can you credibly represent the leading edge of information security? Could your past clients tell that you were walking the walk, not just talking the talk?
- Can you interact effectively with customers who might need to be un-taught some old ways before they can learn some new tricks?
- Do you love working with other smart people from whom you can learn as well as teach what you know?
- Can you tell a story with a point, using the elements of the story to cement the knowledge?
- Do you know stuff and want to help other people learn it so they can do it, too? Especially cool stuff?
- Present and lead courses on incident response, forensic analysis, intelligence operations and other information security topics.
- Work effectively at a distance: conduct web-meeting-based course delivery; interact and integrate with coworkers from Sydney to London (though most of us are in the U.S.); use distance learning technology effectively.
- Conduct on-site courses for certain clients, usually two or three days at a time. For certain technical topics, manage course delivery by SMEs who aren’t professional trainers, ensuring the client gets the best value.
- Create, extend, enhance or revise course material. When not teaching, create material for delivery via a learning management system (a computer-based training site).
- Serve as a subject matter expert to field salespeople, promoting the education service line and its benefits to potential clients and internal employees.
- Manage course metadata and material in the learning management system, helping the operations group deliver efficient service and good margins to the P&L.
- Produce high-quality written and verbal reports, presentations, recommendations, and findings that need minimal editing before being shown to a client.
- If you live near one of our professional services offices, spend a portion of your not-on-client-site time in those offices working with the rest of your team.
Successful candidates will have experience in one or more of the following areas. You don’t have to have “trainer” in your LinkedIn profile to be successful, but you should combine several of the areas below.
- Education: experience teaching technical topics to a wide variety of audiences, from desktop support technicians to C-level executives.
- Incident Response: experience conducting or managing incident response investigations for organizations, investigating targeted threats such as the Advanced Persistent Threat, Organized Crime, and Hacktivists.
- Intelligence: experience conducting cyber threat analysis of targeted threat actors, using an established analytic model to produce FINTEL and/or technical output.
- Computer Forensic Analysis: a background using a variety of forensic analysis tools in incident response investigations to determine the extent and scope of compromise.
- Network Forensic Analysis: strong knowledge of network protocols, network analysis tools, and ability to perform analysis of associated network logs.
- Reverse Engineering: ability to perform static and dynamic malware analysis and familiar with tools such as IDA Pro and OllyDbg.
- Incident Remediation: strong understanding of targeted attacks and able to create customized tactical and strategic remediation plans for compromised organizations.
- Network Operations and Architecture/Engineering: strong understanding of secure network architecture and experience performing network operations.
- Programming/Scripting: experience coding in C, C#, VB, Python, Perl, Ruby on Rails, and/or .NET. Strong text editor preference a must.
Additionally, all candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Professional client-facing demeanor, comfortable in the machine room and the board room.
- Strong, clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of completing tasks on time without supervision.
- Desire to grow and expand both technical and soft skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to foster a positive work environment and attitude.
- Ability to travel on short notice, up to 50% of the time.
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Information Security, Information Assurance, Information Security Management, Intelligence Studies, Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity Policy
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
- Peer recognition
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Vacancy page : https://jobs.jobvite.com/crowdstrike/job/oIuo9fwt