We all have important information we need to manage, and protecting it should be easy. Over 100,000 businesses and millions of people log in to 1Password to unlock smart, simple access to everything they care about. Our vision is to create a safer, simpler digital future for everyone, and our culture values simplicity, honesty and a human-centric approach to solving problems. Come help us unlock peace of mind so everyone can stay safer online.
1Password is nothing without the people who build, design, and support it. When it comes to our people, we embrace the unconventional, are hands-on, and support everyone to succeed. From introducing them to the company, helping them to grow in their role, and supporting them to accomplish their next big thing, the People team is here to guide their journey.
As the Sr. HRIS Specialist, you’ll play a key role within the team in ensuring our HRIS system (UKG PRO) and associated HR systems meet our business needs, have efficient processes while maintaining data integrity and compliance. You’ll be immersed in supporting our employee life-cycle processes. Your input on our processes and operations will be welcomed, considered and put into action. Your interaction with our stakeholders and understanding of our strategies will have a direct impact on the operational efficiency of our Human Resources team and our employee experience at 1Password.
This is a Remote opportunity within Canada and the US.
This role is an individual contributor role.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of demonstrated proficiency using HRIS systems and 3+ years of UKG PRO experience.
- Project management skills with experience implementing HR strategies, in addition to configuration and database management.
- Thorough understanding of all areas of information systems with a highly technical understanding of UKG PRO.
- Strong Business Intelligence reporting skills.
- Participate in/lead projects focused on continuous improvement.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility with switching from project work, to administrative tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and lead change.
- Proven success working under minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
What you can expect:
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to peers on UKG PRO processes and configuration.
- Develop a roadmap for UKG PRO optimization through collaboration with stakeholders to gather and analyze business requirements.
- Drive the planning, development, testing and implementation of system enhancements and future needs.
- Work in conjunction with team members, drive regular review and support the implementation of HR system upgrades (including semi-annual releases) and patches when required.
- Oversee all system upgrades and new modules in partnership with the Information Technology (IT) department.
- Develop and lead User Acceptance testing.
- Identify opportunities for automation within all aspects of HR processes.
- Evaluate data processing and implement the necessary processes and/or tools to establish/maintain data integrity.
- Conduct regular audits of HRIS data. Scrub and harmonize any data inconsistencies.
- Stay up to date on HRIS trends and their application to our environment and strategy.
- Ensure all HR-related systems are compliant with data security and privacy requirements.
- Performs other duties as required.
United States-based roles only: Minimum annual salary for this role is $106,000 USD, plus immediate participation in 1Password’s benefits program (health, dental, 401k and many others), utilization of our generous paid time off and, where applicable, participation in our incentive programs. All employees are owners of 1Password and receive an equity grant as part of their total package. At 1Password, we approach each individual's compensation with a promise of fair market value and internal equity commensurate with experience and specific skill set.
What we offer:
We believe in working hard, and resting hard. We’re always looking for new ways to support our team members, but here’s a glance at what we currently offer:
Health and wellbeing
> 👶 Maternity and parental leave top up programs
> 👟 Wellness spending account
> 🏝 Generous PTO policy
> 💖 Company-wide wellness days off scheduled throughout the year
> 🧠 Complimentary Headspace membership
> 🩺 Comprehensive health coverage
Growth and future
> 📈 Employee stock option program for all full time employees
> 💸 Retirement matching program
> 💡 Training budget, 1Password University access, and learning sessions
> 🔑 Free 1Password account (and friends and family discount!)
Flexibility and community
> 🤝 Paid volunteer days
> 🌎 Employee-led DEI&B programs and ERGs
> 🏠 Fully remote environment
> 🏆 Peer-to-peer recognition through Bonusly
You belong here.
1Password is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status. Be yourself, find your people and share the things you love.
Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please speak to your talent acquisition partner or email us at [email protected] and we’ll work to meet your needs.
Candidate Privacy Notice
When you apply for a position, refer a candidate, or are being considered for a role at AgileBits, Inc. (dba 1Password, 1Password, we, us, or our), your information is stored in Lever, in accordance with Lever's Service Privacy Notice. We use this information to evaluate your candidacy for the posted position. We also store this information, and may use it in relation to future positions to which you apply, or which we believe may be relevant to you given your background.
Candidates may also optionally choose to self-identify their race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, and disability. These answers will help us evaluate our diversity and belonging efforts. You do not have to answer these questions—your answers will not be linked to your name or job application, will not be visible to the hiring manager reviewing your application, and will in no way affect your job application. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact [[email protected]].
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will either delete or anonymize it. If you have any questions about how we use or process your information, or if you would like to ask to access, correct, or delete your information, please contact our privacy team at [[email protected]] or through 1Password Support.