Sr. Executive Business Administrator to the CEO Worldwide
GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Executive Business Administrator's at GitLab toggle seamlessly between various systems including Google Workspace, Slack, Expensify, Zoom and GitLab to accomplish an array of tasks, while staying focused on prioritization and escalating urgent issues. EBA's at GitLab are self-driven, collaborative, and agile team members who are experienced in managing multiple priorities, juggling various responsibilities, and anticipating executives’ needs. EBA's at GitLab pride themselves with being exceptionally organized, relentlessly resourceful, calm under pressure, strategic multi-takser, with a deep love of logistics and ability to thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
Sr. Executive Business Administrator to the CEO
The Senior Executive Business Administrator to the CEO reports to the Chief of Staff to the CEO
The Senior Executive Business Administrator to the CEO is a grade 7.
- Strategically and methodically support our Chief Executive Officer in the Pacific time zone - serving as a partner in handling correspondence, including confidential and sensitive materials
- Proactively and without supervision, anticipate needs and follow through diligently, often using knowledge of the executive, their direct reports, external parties, and company values to make decisions that lead to more effective executive attention and communication
- Maintain the executives’ calendars in a thoughtful and purposeful manner, ensuring meetings contain the appropriate attendees, agenda items, and any changes are done with full consideration of a global team, spanning multiple time zones; ensure executive is prepped and briefed as necessary for each meeting
- Make recommendations for the executive in order to more effectively manage their time, prioritize, delegate and organize
- Seamlessly coordinate extensive travel including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, security, visas, and any other travel documentation
- Maintain cadence of weekly meetings and other important meetings, including planning agenda, organization, and follow-up on action items, while infusing our company values throughout
- Draft internal and external communications on behalf of the executive keeping in mind our company values and safeguarding confidential information as well as the executive’s reputation
- Assist the full life cycle of recruiting activity for the executive, including booking interviews, liaising between the hiring team and the candidate, and coordinating onboarding of newly hired executives
- Manage executive’s email inbox including drafting internal and external communications on behalf of the executive when required
- Compile receipts to submit timely and accurate expense reports on a monthly basis
- Liaise effectively with EBA counterparts and build strong and collaborative working relationships with a wide range of company stakeholders at all levels
- Orchestrate events such as team off-sites and team building activities
- Serve as a helpful knowledge base for executives and other team members (e.g., other EBAs), especially for processes and procedures, and provide assistance in a hands-on, kind, and proactive manner
- Work flexible hours to support global business meetings; some travel is required
- Schedules, live streams and moderates Group Conversations
- Other duties (and ad hoc tasks) as assigned in support of your executive and business
- Experience supporting a C-Level Executive(s) as an EA or executive business partner at a quickly-scaling company, effectively representing the personal brand of the executive as well as the company’s culture and value
- High integrity and track record of maintaining confidentiality of all work product and sensitive information
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading ability
- Extensive technical skills with Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack and Expensify among other tools; demonstrated ability to adopt technical tools quickly (i.e. GitLab.com)
- Self-starter who can operate independently and move quickly from one task to another; creative problem solver, seeks "win-win" solutions; energized by challenges with superb attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and business acumen; ability to communicate with team members, partnering well across GitLab, and external parties at all levels
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrates “one team” mindset; able to be a role model for all other EBA’s
- Detailed and goal-oriented planner; possesses the ability to appropriately prioritize business needs and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Approachable and effective communicator across various communication channels and with all levels of the organization
- Experience with event planning & coordination to include support for large meetings, off-sites
- Experience in both start-up and medium size enterprise environments preferred
- Experience working remotely preferred
- A sincere willingness to help out
- A passion for GitLab and for contributing to an exceptional work culture
An Executive Business Administrators career path can take various routes depending on the long term career goals and aspirations of an EBA. One path that is routinely taken is that of a career EBA and is someone who is passionate about being in the EBA role for the long-term resulting in becoming a Senior, Staff, or Principal EBA at GitLab to a member of our E-Group. Another path that is open to an EBA is one where they decide to leverage their experience as an EBA to transition into a new role such as (but not limited to) a Chief of Staff, Project Manager, Recruiter, Corporate Events Manager, Business Analyst, Executive Communications, PR, Internal Communications, People Operations Specialist, People Business Partner, etc.
Applicants for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that applicants can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Qualified candidates will be invited to schedule an initial screening with a Global Recruiter
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with an Executive Business Administrator
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule additional interviews with the Executive Business Administrator team
- Next or in parallel with EBA team interview, candidates will be invited to complete a 5 hour timed assessment
- Final candidates will then be invited to schedule interviews with members of the leadership team the role will be supporting
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/gitlab/jobs/5547995002