Sr. Director, Platform Product Marketing United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is seeking a Senior Director of Platform Marketing to join our Product Marketing team. We believe in the power of developers to build memorable customer experiences, and we offer a platform to help them do that. You will direct a team of product marketers passionate about that platform and will partner with engineering as well as the broader marketing organization to tell our story across audiences, from developers, to line-of-business (LOB) owners, and to C-level executives.
Twilio is looking for a leader who has proven experience marketing successful developer platforms. They also have:
- 10+ years experience in developer or platform marketing; Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years experience managing teams of hard-working individuals
- 7+ years of experience working across product and organizational lines to craft a unifying story
- Ability to simplify without dumbing down—to take complex developer-focused products and communicate their value to LOB owners and C-level execs
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to present complex material to customers, press, and analysts in a compelling way
As the leader of the Platform Marketing team and a senior member of the product marketing organization, your goal is to get businesses to adopt Twilio by showcasing the capabilities of our customer engagement platform. You will have visibility to senior executives through Twilio. Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership, structure, and direction to a talented and hardworking team of product marketers.
- Partner closely with Product Management to understand Twilio’s platform strategy and develop top line customer narratives and compelling content.
- Help ensure the whole is greater than the sum of the parts by partnering with the marketers responsible for individual products and highlighting how the pieces fit together.
- Develop strategies for establishing awareness of Twilio at the C-suite level while still staying true to our developer roots.
- Produce high-quality scalable content, including presentations, FAQs, data sheets, webinars, and evaluation guides for use by the sales organization and partners.
- Take a leadership role in crafting keynotes for high profile events, including our flagship SIGNAL event, our scaled Engage events, and our annual company and sales kick-offs.
- Partner with demand generation, campaign, and corporate marketing teams to ensure we are telling our platform story across all of our channels.
You will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DRAW THE OWL: Twilio is a fast-growing company and there is no rule book to follow for platform marketing. You will define what we do and how we do it, working to ensure we tell an integrated story that ties together our entire product portfolio.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: The platform marketing team must work closely with teams across the company, including recent high-profile acquisitions. You will need to collaborate effectively to enable everyone to deliver their best.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Despite our rapid growth, you will still need to prioritize, focusing your team on the projects and outputs that have the most impact to Twilio and to our customers.
Twilio is more than just a collection of APIs, it’s a platform that enables developers to make every customer experience a memorable one and help organizations of any size to use data to better serve their customers. Building on our success with developers to tell that story to line-of-business owners as well as C-level executives, in the US as well as the rest of the world, is critical to the next stage of our growth. And Platform Marketing is at the center of that.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
$194,752.00 - $267,784.00
Rest of Colorado:
$182,580.00 - $251,047.50
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2529879