Sr. Director, Contact Center Solutions Engineering United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and we are looking for a global leader to help grow and craft our Specialist Solutions Engineering Organization with a primary focus on Contact Center. This role will set the strategy and direction for our technical engagement in the new business sales cycle for Twilio Flex, while also taking a hands on approach to mentor and helping a team of pre-sales Solution Architects be successful across Contact Center, Email, and Account Security. You will get involved with some of Twilio’s largest opportunities, and be instrumental in driving prospect engagements to the technical win.
This role will work closely with the Sales and Product leadership team for Twilio Flex to craft how our go-to-market team executes. This position is critical to ensuring the continued success of our Twilio Contact Center sales team.
- Many years of management experience, with several years experience as a manager of teams.
- Many years in a customer-facing technical role at a Contact Center technology provider
- A strong understanding of the new business sales cycle, as well as experience in the technology and process areas relevant to Twilio Flex: contact center, IP-based telephony, messaging, real-time communications, WFO, IVR, and CRM integration
- Prior programming experience is a plus.
- Experience building programs that have impact and reach across teams
- Hands on approach to problem solving. Always ready to work opportunities directly alongside your team when needed.
- Ability and desire to coach both Sales Engineers and Account Executives
- A world class communicator. Confident in influencing and engaging with a highly skilled and experienced audience including C-level executives.
- A leader with a highly expansive style who values and celebrates diversity within teams.
- Typically 25% travel, but not in 2021. Possibly in 2022.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of shaping organizations:
- BE INCLUSIVE: Lead and inspire a group of Specialist Solutions Engineers and create a culture of collaboration both within the team and across the Twilio GTM organization.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Create a close alignment with Product teams to ensure your team has the expertise and information needed to deliver on the role of Specialist Solutions Engineers.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Channel the input from your global team members and be a voice of the customer back into product, support, and services teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: Act as a cross-functional leader and work closely with our Sales, Marketing, and Product teams in developing our strategy and execution of key sales plays, tools, and strategies and play an active role in this community.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Be a key member of the Solutions Engineering leadership team and drive global consistency in specialist partnership models and strategies across our global teams.
- DON’T SETTLE: Hire diverse and highly skilled Solutions Engineers to grow and extend the team’s reach.
- BE AN OWNER: Drive revenue across Specialty areas, and work with the Global Specialty Sales leader to build a Specialist Sales model that allows both the team and Twilio to thrive.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range: $209,760 - $288,420.
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $198,720 - $273,240.
Additionally, this role is eligible to earn commissions and eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/3018868