Sr. Director, Community Experience United States
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Sr Director, Community Experience who will own the strategy and execution of Twilio's 1st party experiences, our community has both online and offline -- including our Community Forums. You will take forward the momentum of our community programs that exist through the Developer Network, create and build new programs for our community, and make the case to grow resources and your team.
You’ll build the right team environment and structure that empowers your team to succeed in a cross-functional organization and build an execution plan that is staged for success. You’ll measure progress against the plan and own the active community metric for our Developer Network team.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic and has the necessary experience to take on this responsibility. You, or people you trust, would call you:
- A servant leader. You believe that to win, you must elevate everyone around you. You put the needs of the people you serve first, helping them develop and perform as highly as possible. You take pride in helping those you serve get the spotlight. You've honed in your leadership philosophy through experience as a people manager!
- A builder. A web developer. You understand the basics of the HTTP request and response cycle. You've written enough Python, PHP, Node, C# (.NET) or Java code to have opinions on the different web frameworks of a specific programming language, or even across multiple programming languages. You've built things yourself, and know what it's like to commit to a repo and ship a release.
- A collaborator. You're comfortable partnering and engaging with cross-functional teams to ensure the best possible support for our community. Your focus is on how to generate phenomenal outcomes, and bring as many people as you can along on that journey.
- A community member. You've been actively involved in a developer community and understand how its organized and where there are opportunities for leadership. You have opinions about how a brand can authentically engage and form relationships with developers. You have 5+ years experience building and growing developers communities yourself.
- BE AN OWNER: Own the strategy and execution of the 1st party experiences our community has both online and offline!
- DON’T SETTLE: Define annual team priorities and measures of success. Ensure those priorities align with the broader Developer Network and Marketing team priorities. Monitor and regularly report on progress toward priorities measures both down to your individual contributors, as well as up to leadership.
- DRAW THE OWL: Envision new programs and experiences we can create for our developer community, and bring those programs to life.
- BE INCLUSIVE: Develop your team in a way that allows everyone to bring their full selves to work, thoughtfully build a team by asking "whose voice isn't the room?".
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Focus on community's needs, and make sure we're creating experiences that meet those needs.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work cross-functionally to ensure that everyone at Twilio who wants to engage with our community can.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Developer Network is the team at Twilio whose mission is to catalyze the network of developers who will build the future of communications and is composed of five teams that work closely with one another. Developer Evangelists inspire and equip developers by going to the language-centric and geographic communities where developers gather. Developer Educators challenge and empower developers by crafting elite docs and training. Twilio Champions encourage and amplify developers by cultivating a core community of Twilio developers. Developer Voices prompt and rally developers by enabling them to get their code on the Twilio blog. Twilio Startups inspire tens of thousands of startup founders, and to help them scale their businesses through our startup focused program. Together, these teams introduce developers to Twilio, help them get their projects shipped, build strong end enduring friendships with them and help them take the spotlight.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world, and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio's reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
$214,272 - $294,624
Rest of Colorado:
$200,880 - $276,210
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Vacancy page : https://boards.greenhouse.io/twilio/jobs/2548238