Sr. Digital Project Manager Remote /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, CRM/email, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. We work with clients including L’Oreal Paris, Gap, Barry’s, ScottsMiracle-Gro & Hu.
Barrel is looking for a Senior Digital Project Manager to join our team - you can work remote within the US. In this role, you'll own development initiatives for digital projects including development timelines, resourcing, scope management, sprint planning and quality assurance testing for Shopify eCommerce experiences.
• Prioritizes and leads multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication
• Creates/owns development milestones and schedule
• Manages project risk and mitigation plans, able to prioritize work, and shift priorities as needed to meet deadlines and milestones
• Identifies development needs for project and communicates effectively to team staff in accordance with timeline and budget
• Organizes and prioritizes development sprints in partnership with development lead
• Partners with Solutions Architect and developers to create detailed tickets for developers and ensures tasks are moving per outlined timeline
• Sets up initial Shopify Store or Pantheon site
• Understands different environments including development, staging and production or theme previews and sandbox shops
• Manages and configures applications and plug-ins in partnership with Solutions Architect
• Works with support resources to manage and enter content in CMS per the content requirements
• Works with mid-level Project Managers to delegate day-to-day tasks to keep projects on track
• Manages communication with Client Service team per development phase of work
• Manages vendor relationships as well as freelance contracts as needed
• Collaborates with Creative team and Solutions Architect to understand functional specifications and requirements
• Ensures alignment of responsibilities with team through external vendors for quality assurance testing and processes
- Strong understanding of business and functional requirements
- Understanding of third-party applications and platforms as well as integrations
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented; level-headed and positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to manage workload and meet deadlines
- A passion for learning new skills
- Strong web and Mac desktop skills – we use Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, and various web-based tools such as Basecamp, Harvest, and JIRA, Asana
- Bachelor's degree is advertising, marketing, project management, or similar field of study
- 5+ years' experience in website development
- Prior experience working on WordPress and/or Shopify projects; Shopify experience is a plus
- Agency experience required
- CSM or PMP certifications are a plus
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.