Sr. Digital Designer Remote /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and an office in New York City. We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. Past and current clients include L’Oreal Paris, Gap, SmartyPants Vitamins, Rowing Blazers, Barry’s, & ScottsMiracle-Gro.
Barrel is seeking a Senior Designer to join our remote-first team - you can work anywhere in the US. Day-to-day, you'll collaborate with our team and execute digital-focused projects for clients, including the creation of e-commerce experiences across web, email, mobile apps, extending visual guidelines to new assets, motion, and various other digital and marketing collateral.
As a Senior Designer at Barrel, you carry the responsibility to not only ideate and execute on creative and intelligent design concepts but to lead by example, motivate other team members, and therefore, reach the highest standards of work.
·Ideate and execute on creative concepts
·Create conceptual and practical designs that map back to the client’s business goals, audience, and vertical
·Maintain high standards among the team and ensure only the best work is shared with the client
·Confidently lead client meetings and workshops as requested
·Confidently delegate tasks to and provide support for juniors members of the team
·Challenge clients on their requirements and advise on best practices
·Take and develop briefs from CD/ACD/account team into execution
·Contribute to and drive the process with both internal and client teams
·Provide scoping estimates for new and ongoing client work as requested
·Continually experiments with new tools and technologies, and prototypes with those existing. Encourages the same among the team
·Provide, and often lead useful contributions to team meetings and conversations
·Provide thoughtful and constructive feedback during presentations and critiques of junior team members’ work
- Strong web and Mac desktop skills – we use Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Docs, and various web-based tools such as Pitch, Harvest, and Asana
- Has a strong digital and web vocabulary. Can speak confidently to clients about web platforms, how designs will function and how designs will be implemented.
- Able to work efficiently under pressure and tight deadlines, always aware of budgets and time spent
- Possess strong project management and organizational skills, able to confidently communicate with external teams and clients alike
- Able to articulate thoughts clearly and concisely in all verbal and written communications
- Maintains a meticulous attention to detail in all deliverables
- Has the foresight to see upcoming challenges and proactively plans ahead to ensure all deadlines are met
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Advertising or similar field.
- 4 - 7 years of digital design experience; prior agency experience is required.
- Solid knowledge of the Adobe Suite and Figma; experience with Webflow is a plus
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred, but not required (our designers are not expected to code websites)
- Solid knowledge of industry tools and understanding of designing intuitive and responsive user experiences
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.